New Howa, a shooting post. 26" 6.5 CM MDT XRS Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady original 6.5 CM merch.

On a serious note . Try reloader 16 when available & play with the seating depth & neck tension. Some of those projectile like a big jump..
    Tikka T3X 6XC
    Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
    Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
    Remington 788 - 222rem
    Browning Trombone .22

Comment

Thanks Pitty, if only I could still grow a mullet.

Funny you should bring up RL16 I hope to be picking some up on Tuesday and maybe some scenar as well, running out of time but at least I will have plenty of options. (and excuses)

Comment

So got some R16 and 136g scenars, I'm working up a load to match the Sako TRG factory cartridges. I have shot these from a handful of rifles and they are the shit. Reckon thats a good benchmark to work toward, then as Pity said play with seating depth and neck tension.
        If the pissing rain doesn't flood the whole place again I'll be out there tomorrow having a crack. Not expecting good grouping given the shit weather/wind etc but I'll keep track of velocities and see if we can have a win.

Herne will be happy to know that 500g of R16 will allow me 180 shots and with no dust for 500 fucking miles I reckon I'll need every one.

Comment

If you have no joy with the scenars, try the Berger 130 Otm. 1 of the best long-range consistent BC Projectiles made.
          Tikka T3X 6XC
          Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
          Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
          Remington 788 - 222rem
          Browning Trombone .22

Comment

A
            Originally posted by danandria View Post
            Herne will be happy to know that 500g of R16 will allow me 180 shots and with no dust for 500 fucking miles I reckon I'll need every one.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	9A0DBC39-49E1-4F12-B29A-D6B6F8EF35EE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	320108
            “Huh... I wonder if my Double S Double A insurance covers me for all this ammo I’m throwing around?”

Have a great weekend ‘Danny Boy’. Own that ‘magic mile’. I reckon the skies might be clear for you, here’s hoping anyway.

Wouldn’t worry too much about the dust. It sounds like you’ve put the ‘Magic Tockley Fairy Dust’ on your reloads and a certain amount of ‘Tockley Bullder-dust’ talked over refills.

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Thanks Pitty I have tried them and need to again, I didn.'t have enough to get everything right.
              I worked up to this vertical spread on the third target that looked promising. ( 3 shots 100yds)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7561.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	320111

so I bumped up the powder by .3 of a grain to get to this (3 shots 100yds) 0.69"

Name:	IMG_7560.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	320112

Then seated out a further 10 though so now about 5 thou from the lands for this (5 shots 100yds) 0.313"

Name:	IMG_7562.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	320113

it was a bright sunny day and the old chrono couldn't cope it just gave constant error codes but when it did they were about 2660fps on average, I tried one load (one shot) that managed 2800fps but the pressure signs sent me back down.

Im pretty happy with this load at 41.3gn RL16 with a 5 thou jump, i'll try to get hold of a better chronograph next week and see how consistent they are.

Comment

And here’s me thinking you were headin' out ‘T-Worth’ way again....
                "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• danandria
                  danandria commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah wondered if you thought that, but no not yet mate. But I'll try to get some photos and show you all the fun when it happens, unless I'm having to good a time.

• HERNE
                  HERNE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That'd be awesome. I reckon some of the 'rigs' some of those blokes are shooting might interest some here... Even the 'field of fire' set up.

You know what they say... "A picture speaks a thousands words".
              Working...
              X