X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZ 527 7.62x39

Hi, I'm after some advice. Yesterday I read this:

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2013/12/new-toy.html

And I thought that makes a lot of sense, after all, who wouldn't want a cheap to run centre fire? I got all keen and found that Winchester Australia imports them, but looking around it appears that 7.62x39 ammunition is no longer particularly cheap nor abundant in Australia, would this be correct?

I can still remember the days when SKS and SKK's were cheap and plentiful, and (admittedly FMJ, but would be fine for metallic silhouette or just punching holes in paper) 7.62x39 ammo was cheaper than .22 rimfire. I'm guessing that since they were banned the ammo has largely dried up.

Back to the drawing board?

Originally posted by realpolitik" post=41912
    Hi, I'm after some advice. Yesterday I read this:

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2013/12/new-toy.html

And I thought that makes a lot of sense, after all, who wouldn't want a cheap to run centre fire? I got all keen and found that Winchester Australia imports them, but looking around it appears that 7.62x39 ammunition is no longer particularly cheap nor abundant in Australia, would this be correct?

I can still remember the days when SKS and SKK's were cheap and plentiful, and (admittedly FMJ, but would be fine for metallic silhouette or just punching holes in paper) 7.62x39 ammo was cheaper than .22 rimfire. I'm guessing that since they were banned the ammo has largely dried up.

Back to the drawing board?
    Tula Soft Point ammo is available from the Gun Emporium melbourne for less than $450/1000.

Great guns. Dont hesitate.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks for the info. Clearly I suck at finding ammo.

Seems like I'm not the only one with that idea. Rang around the local gunshops and Winchester had 10 yesterday, 0 today!

Comment

• adamjp
      adamjp commented
      Editing a comment
      There is also the Zastava m85 from Berretta.

Trouble is, both rifles are keenly sought after and more often than not out of stock.
Working...
X