Rem700 5r milspec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rem700 5r milspec

Ok I've been wanting a 300wm for awhile now in a heavy barrel target/lr type configuration.After deciding I just didn't have the coin to drop on an APRS considering its my first foray into a more dedicated lr rig I started looking at my factory options and the Rem700 ticked the boxes of heavy barrel, plenty of after market parts, not a Tikka(joke).
    I like the HS precision stock so between the 700p,Sendero and the 5r. The 5r was finished nicely,stainless and cheaper than the other two so I dropped the deposit on a 10th anniversary 5r mil spec. I wouldn't say the 5r rifling featured that much in my decision but i am interested to see what its like. The yanks seem to rave about them but I would like to hear from anyone that owns one or has some experience with them what they think of them. Good bad or ugly? Accuracy? I'm also looking for.advice e on a good dbm system that could be fitted to the.HS stock. This is my first Remington so I'm not real.knowledgeable on what's good and what's not.

they're a pretty safe bet.
    my father has one in 308.
    shoots nice tight groups with many types of ammo.
    quite good really. I wouldn't hesitate in getting one.
    DBM kits will depend on how much you want to spend.
    I nearly bought another one but I got a rem700 police 308 instead.
    hopefully I can compare them soon.

Comment

• Walter White
      Walter White commented
      Editing a comment
      Its hard to find a bad word about them online. As far as the dbm I would probably like one that is reasonably good quality. Weight isn't an issue. Cost isn't necessarily a problem. Do you have something in mind send-it?

should be a few examples on the 'Remington' thread.
    can't think of 'em off hand.

Comment

the police stock is slightly longer than the milspec stock, and is also a bit bigger/rounder profile at the end of the forend.
      they're both good.
      just comes down to taste.

Comment

• Walter White
        Walter White commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the suggestions fellas.That was my understanding on the stock. It doesn't help that theres no official specs on the website. I even emtailed Remington with a few questions and they were abit cagey. All they would say is its no longer in production. The plan is to just shoot it once I've decided on a scope,then shoot it some more,then if need to make any mods I can.That was a big positive for the Remington,the ability to personalise it. I do think a dbm will come in handy if I mount a rail. Cool had nothing to do with it... Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

My mate in Townsville has one in .308 and was amazed at how good it was. He shoots F class and takes it bush as well. It even surprised all the old locals with their New Zealand rigs.

Comment

I've got one in .308. Fit and finish is pretty damn good. Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and mounted my atlas bipod to it. Still waiting to mount a scope although will be up and running in the new year.
        HS Stock is a tank! Although coming from tikkas it'll take some time to get used to as the palm swell is huge. Havent heard a single bad thing about them yet.
        Not many in Australia from what I understand and mostly special order. If you're in Vic, you can have a shootof mine at little river whens its up and running in a couple weeks.

Tim

Comment

• Walter White
          Walter White commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers mate I'm up in Qld so I'll have to wait a few weeks. Sounds like your happy with yours.It might take me a little while to scope mine as well. What are you putting on your 308?
      Working...
      X