Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late model Straight pull Mauser 96?

Hi Everybody,

I went down the coast today to do some Chrissy shopping with the family and dropped into one of the gun shops and came across a second hand Mauser straight pull for a nice price...
    Pic for reference only...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-12-07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	51345

I am a Mauser fan and its in .308, and its a flashy straight pull... I have fallen in lust with it, but like a lovely looking lady are these guns just for ogling or do they have function to match the looks?

Does anyone have/had one?
    Blah blah, the usual questions... :P

Thanks Everyone...

Can't help you buddy but I wholeheartedly agree its a sexy lookin bit of kit. What's the $$$ for one of these puppies.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by several" post=39396
      Can't help you buddy but I wholeheartedly agree its a sexy lookin bit of kit. What's the $$$ for one of these puppies.
      Pocket change from $1000... No optics...

Mate if you find one fondle it and you will want one to keep... Looks and feel... The slide on the one I played with was like silk... But it is a Mauser...

You cant get them new anymore, so second hand only unfortunately... But still worth it...

Im a Mauser fan too, and this looks like a keeper for sure.
    Keep us posted on how it runs!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      They are a nice rifle but the reason this and copies of it arn't that successful, is they aren't very ergnomic in actual use (from the shoulder)!
      With most bolt actions, the bolt is located around the location of the trigger, and with this the 96's bolt so far away, it's not that quick to operate.....

HARDBALL
Working...
X