X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington 700 MLR 338 Lap - Review/Availability

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with these?

Also, are they still being imported into Aus? I have had a look at a few sites and they don't appear to be readily available.

I'll do some ringing around to see what I can find out over the phone.

Thanks

My mate has got one,cost him well over $2,000 and he ended up having to spend another $1,000 on a 30" custom barrel to get it to perform.

You would be far better off buying the custom 338RUM i have for sale,the MLR comes with a 26" "factory" barrel and the LAP performance is way behind that of the RUM

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by longrangehunter" post=39136
      My mate has got one,cost him well over $2,000 and he ended up having to spend another $1,000 on a 30" custom barrel to get it to perform.

You would be far better off buying the custom 338RUM i have for sale,the MLR comes with a 26" "factory" barrel and the LAP performance is way behind that of the RUM
      Really? Well the information readily available all over the internet would disagree with your last statement to say the least most put both the rounds as very close and if anything the .338 lap is ahead especially in brass quality and velocity. OP do your own research the info is easily found.

I have had a MLR for years and it is a tack driver and has got me well past 1600m to date. A lot of shooters blame the MLR for their inadequacies as shooters the MLR is lighter than most other if not all offerings in the same calibre so it will kick harder than most, I.e. add a longer heavier barrel and you reduce felt recoil, easier to shoot. reloading is definitely the way to go with the lap as it will save you a fortune.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Buy a .338WIN Magnum
    Less hassles, less cost, easy to find ammo/rifles
    Still has a lot of grunt than most shooters need.
    [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
    [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
    [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
    [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
    [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

also depending on the state finding a range that will allow you to shoot it or even a WLB that will give you a PTA for a 338lap is a pain

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the replies, I have been reading some reviews in the use about the MLR and it seems to be hit and miss for their performance.

Longrangehunter PM sent.
    Working...
    X