The Swede Is Dead, Long Live The Swede.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swede Is Dead, Long Live The Swede.

Let me be the first to post about an actual firearm.
    I got word back from the Smith that the old M96 Swedish Mauser has had the dick.
    Split stock, un fixable.
    Worn bolt face.
    Pitted barrel.
    Trigger worn and stuffed.
    Not worth fixing.

I'm heartbroken, it almost like losing a family member. This rifle has been in the family for nearly 30 years.

I loath to hand it in for destruction and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it.

I should have taken better care of it, I guess 6-7 years in police storage didn't do it any good either.

Any suggestions as to what to do with a worthless rifle I can't bear to part with.

Cheers,

Several
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Could you get it deactivated and wall mount it?

Comment

Well you just keep it for old times sake --- I would
      [center]
      Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Not the swede ..

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Tomato stake?

several, maybe you could send " The Swede " to a retirement home for Old Rifles.
        After all it's like a relative to you...

Thanks...

Comment

several, do you have a pic of " The Swede " ???

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by several" post=139
            Let me be the first to post about an actual firearm.

Any suggestions as to what to do with a worthless rifle I can't bear to part with.

Cheers,

Several
            \

Yep scrap it and buy a real gun.
            Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

• several
              several commented
              Editing a comment
              [quote="Varminator"

Yep scrap it and buy a real gun. [/quote]

We need a BITCH SLAP emoticon. :lol:

Sorry Mav, no pics. It looked just like every other sporterized M96 from the early eighties.

Originally posted by several" post=1769

We need a BITCH SLAP emoticon. :lol:

Are these allowed ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	19729

Click image for larger version

Name:	slapping.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	19730

Thanks...

Comment

Shit mate, I could buy 5 or 6 Swedes instead for the price of a Sako.

And still out shoot your Sako

Comment

• Varminator
                Varminator commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by several" post=1776
                Shit mate, I could buy 5 or 6 Swedes instead for the price of a Sako.

And still out shoot your Sako
                LOL pissed are we? 5 or 6 ya reckon, I'd say more like 10 or 20 - there just cheap rubbish aren't they, certainly were when I was a young fella. they were almost worth $30 back then.

Cheap yes, rubbish NO!!!

Now off with your shit stirring self, go polish your Sako. :P

Comment

Thanks AC, your very generous but unless you have a spare stock barrel and bolt it still wouldn't solve the problem.
                I'm just going to hand it in I think, any money spent now would be a waste.

Don't know if the bolt is worth anything for parts, if anyone wants it PM me and you can have it.

Comment

• findlay13
                  findlay13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can imagine how you feel.I had a couple of swede sporters,but what broke my heart was watching my Ljungman cut up by Johnny.

I've now got a Tikka and Sako in 6.5x55 .Love them maybe try one of those?

NNOOOO!!
                don't get rid of it just put it in the back of your gun safe and wait until either a new stock and barrel come from somewhere or you find a cheap one with good barrel and shit stock or shit barrel and alright stock that you can sacrifice to save your air loom, at least give the old girl a chance especially seeing as she's been in your family for over 30 years I know I would

Comment

• MrCarbine
                  MrCarbine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why all the stress. You wan't get much for it if you sell it. It's a gun, it has to be registered so what? Keep it, it’s a family heirloom. My late father in law when he died (age 77) he still had an old FN 22 single shot his father bought him when he was 12. He had not used for decades but it meant something to him.

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will give you $50 for it and it will go to a loving home.

If You have the space I would just grease it up and leave it in the back of the safe .someone may inherite it one day and be happy to fix it or you could keep it for spares if your looking to replace it . You may still get $100 bucks for it on abused bums even outlining all its faults .
                I was looking at mine recently. The barrel looks to have been replaced at some stage ,it has a timney trigger , some sort of custom target stock a bit shabby thou , the bluing is real good but the bolt face looks to have some pitting in it . Came with a sterling scope on it and some sort of target turret on top of it. Was apparently used for some long dist comp think he mentioned 500 fly if that exists but it was from a deceased estate and sold by the guy that originally blued it in Tasmania . Seemed a nice buy at the time

Comment

Working...
                X