Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howa Legacy Mags

Hi. Two questions:

1) What's the cheapest anyone has seen for a Howa Legacy 10 shot mag?
    2) Is it illegal to buy a mag in the US, shove it in your suit case and bring it home?

ta
    “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. . .”
    ― King David

http://www.shooters.com.au/search.asp?s=legacy&GO=Go&sc

This is the cheapest I have seen them; $74.95, .223 and .308 mags are the same price.

They are much cheaper overseas, about half the price, and now that the importation laws have been amended, it's legal to import 10 round mags from the US, the only problem is finding someone willing to ship them. I can't help in that department but there are many forum members who import so hopefully they can chime in and help.
    We use 43 muscles to frown,
    17 to smile,
    and 2 to pull a trigger.
    I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.

Comment

I'm in for a group buy if anyone wants to organise one. I'll have 2x 10 rnd .308 mags
      .177 Chinese Air Rifle, Marlin XT22, Savage Mk2
      Howa Varmint (223 1:9) (223 1:12) (308 1:10), Howa Sporter (308 1:10), 1912 BSA SMLE (303), Winchester 370 12 Ga

22lr Mk2 Ruger 22/45, 22lr Mk3 Ruger 22/45 Lite
      9mm STI Spartan, 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P, 357 Magnum Ruger Security six

Comment

• THUNDERBEARD
        THUNDERBEARD commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^ best idea ever. I'm in too if it kicks off

Legacy Sports - Online Store has them for USD $52.00 each. 2 Magazines has a UPS freight cost to Oregon of about USD$20
      Freight cost into Australia unknown until the weight is confirmed.

You would have to get them shipped to a USA location first. - I did this when I ordered in my 10rd Magazines for the Savage MKII Rimfire
      My consulting business has a Fedex Freight account that I used last time.

Comment

• kz7
        kz7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by ajbeattie77" post=35175
        Legacy Sports - Online Store has them for USD $52.00 each. 2 Magazines has a UPS freight cost to Oregon of about USD$20
        Freight cost into Australia unknown until the weight is confirmed.

You would have to get them shipped to a USA location first. - I did this when I ordered in my 10rd Magazines for the Savage MKII Rimfire
        My consulting business has a Fedex Freight account that I used last time.
        Did you get a B709 for this? I have an account with a freight forwarder and could do something similar although will have a US trip next year for work.

I asked my LGS for a quote on a 308 10 rnd mag and it was over $100. Someone with a plastic 3d printer could make some cash easy.
      .177 Chinese Air Rifle, Marlin XT22, Savage Mk2
      Howa Varmint (223 1:9) (223 1:12) (308 1:10), Howa Sporter (308 1:10), 1912 BSA SMLE (303), Winchester 370 12 Ga

22lr Mk2 Ruger 22/45, 22lr Mk3 Ruger 22/45 Lite
      9mm STI Spartan, 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P, 357 Magnum Ruger Security six

Comment

You need a b709 to import mags, even if you have it in your baggage.

BTW if anyone wants 10rd 308 mags, I have 2 as new which I am selling and 1 x 10rd 223 mag, $60 each - SOLD

Comment

• stab
          stab commented
          Editing a comment
          if its a howa 1500 legacy .223 I'll take it! First dibs!

• stab
          stab commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Killabeez" post=36800

BTW if anyone wants 10rd 308 mags, I have 2 as new which I am selling and 1 x 10rd 223 mag, $60 each
          Thats what I thought re b709. Are they hard to get approval for or expensive?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Killabeez" post=36800

BTW if anyone wants 10rd 308 mags, I have 2 as new which I am selling and 1 x 10rd 223 mag, $60 each
          Interested in the .308 mags if you still have them

* PLUG *
        I have a Legacy floor plate and mag for sale in the classifieds.
        * SOLD *

Comment

• stab
          stab commented
          Editing a comment
          What about if you want to buy the stuff whilst in the states? I suppose you just have your paperwork with you as you go through customs.
          On second thought that might be more of a pain than its worth!
          Getting mags posted to Oz is hard though isn't it? I've found Brownells won't post to me due to US restrictions.
          I rang up a few of those "post US stuff to Oz through us" places and asked about firearms stuff and they wouldn't touch it!

* PLUG * Last time.
        I have a Legacy floor plate and mag for sale in the classifieds. The other floor plate and two mags are sold. I have no more after this.

Comment

Working...
        X