Worlds ugliest but most expensive SMLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds ugliest but most expensive SMLE?

Poor, poor rifle:

i was wondering how long it would take to appear on here..........Surely it's gotta be someone having a lend!

FrankenSMLE

Hunkachunka

Comment

The face not even a mother could love

Comment

Dratted new forum - I was sure this was a new topic in gun vault\Rifles Bolt Action. Mods please move.

Comment

jesus christ

$1450 for that abomination to humankind?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

surely not a genuine ad.

Comment

Maybe the pic has been photoshopped.
              What would possess any person to do that to a .303.

Has anyone called the phone number in the ad ???

Thanks...

Comment

That is truly hideous. It looks like the scope rail is holding it together.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I don't know what's worse actually; creating a Frankenstein's monster like that thing in the OP, or chopping down a perfectly good SMLE to create a fake No5 (which is bad enough; could have at least used a No4 as the donor) and then doing this to it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DuraCoat_Enfield_DesertMirageSand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	45116

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like some ones overdosed on Photoshop

Antz

This is another, older advertisement from 2012 - the stable mate to these other Franken-fields:

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by NewsteadVic" post=32380
                  This is another, older advertisement from 2012 - the stable mate to these other Franken-fields:
                  In 45ACP?

Bahahahaha :lol:

oh god no

Over priced.... But if old mate out shot you with it you'd take notice.

Comment

• sn@abrc
                  [email protected] commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by Win88" post=32384
                  Over priced.... But if old mate out shot you with it you'd take notice.
                  Win88's on the money with his answer,
                  As for the SMLE 45acp carbine- there was a silenced version produced during WW2, used by British commandos for knocking German sentries- and was still in use during the Falklands war.
                  [wouldnt surprise me if they are in service]
                  Pretty sure paratroops had a folding stock version too.
                  Based on a recycled SMLE action, thompson submachine gun barrel, 1911 magazine, iron sights, and a ruddy great silencer that looked seriously cool

Very effective at its job.
                  If silencers ever became legal here- I would love to have one in my collection. [not holding my breath though....]

There was all sorts of stuff done to threeohs over the years- commercial mobs in the USA invented "tanker" carbines by shortening barrels- sometimes fitting flash hiders- and nickel plating, and sold heaps, did similar to the Indian 7.62mm SMLE rifles as well.
                  Threeohs have been converted to all types of calibres and wildcats- inclucing 45-70, 7.62 x 39, 5.56mm, 7.62 tokarev, .32acp.

Similar happens to Mosin's as well, there used to be a much modified Mosin being used for target shooting in Queensland, barrel was a bit short [I think it had been damaged and cut down]- so it had a tube sleeved onto it, its cut down stock was too short for some rule or other- so the owner glued a popstick onto the front of the sporterised forewood.
                  IIRC its scope mount was welded to the action.
                  ugly as sin- but jeez it was accurate!

stephen

I've seen bastardised rifles in the past but . MY EYE'S MY EYE'S IT BURNS LOOKING

Comment

Personally I think it looks as good as all those supposed "Tacticool" rem 700's & Tikka's

In other words looks CRAP!!!!
                  [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
                  [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
                  [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
                  [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
                  [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Sanctimonious drivel!!! You see worse on a daily basis with bastardized Rem 700s/7615s and no one says a word, but someone goes funky town on a clapped out SMLE and clue the holier than thou posts. They made a few million of the things, chances are this is one of the many that were butchered post war, so no point crying a river over it

But the price... Old mate needs to know the difference between what was spent on it and what it's actually worth.

Comment

• inverness
                      inverness commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by Win88" post=32396
                      Sanctimonious drivel!!! You see worse on a daily basis with bastardized Rem 700s/7615s and no one says a word, but someone goes funky town on a clapped out SMLE and clue the holier than thou posts. They made a few million of the things, chances are this is one of the many that were butchered post war, so no point crying a river over it

But the price... Old mate needs to know the difference between what was spent on it and what it's actually worth.

I have to agree with every word.
                      Especially about the "bastardized Rem 700s/7615s"
                      What the hell are some people thinking?

I thought it couldn't be uglier than no ferals rifle but your right it is very ugly :lol:

Comment

Proof you can polish a turd......

May look worse as a polished turd......

Whateva!

Comment

Working...
                      X