new tikka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tikka

I was out doing some window shopping with the tikka the other day. the shop owner had a tikka sporter .223 for sale in a wood stock. I must say it was really light. I mean to say it felt good when shouldered and that bolt is so smooth. The shop owner said they are all like that. He wanted a bit over 1200 for it. I might have bought it if I had the money but sadly I had to put it down.

I am curious though out of the box they set the trigger to 4-5 lbs. There was a thread here that said it was easy to adjust. Looking at the real thing it would appear that you would have to drop the entire trigger housing to do that is that right? and is that easy to do? It seemed to me looking at one for the first time, that it is only heald in there with two torque bolts. When you take those off does the whole unit come out or is there more dis-assembly to be done before you get to the trigger lbs adjustment.

Any how it was wonderfully light and it shouldered and balanced really well I enjoyed that. The bolt was that legendary smooth you expect from a tikka. Not a bad gun I am just going to have to find someone to let me shoot their's.
    "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Originally posted by Laflamme" post=30062
    I was out doing some window shopping with the tikka the other day. the shop owner had a tikka sporter .223 for sale in a wood stock. I must say it was really light. I mean to say it felt good when shouldered and that bolt is so smooth. The shop owner said they are all like that. He wanted a bit over 1200 for it. I might have bought it if I had the money but sadly I had to put it down.

I am curious though out of the box they set the trigger to 4-5 lbs. There was a thread here that said it was easy to adjust. Looking at the real thing it would appear that you would have to drop the entire trigger housing to do that is that right? and is that easy to do? It seemed to me looking at one for the first time, that it is only heald in there with two torque bolts. When you take those off does the whole unit come out or is there more dis-assembly to be done before you get to the trigger lbs adjustment.

Any how it was wonderfully light and it shouldered and balanced really well I enjoyed that. The bolt was that legendary smooth you expect from a tikka. Not a bad gun I am just going to have to find someone to let me shoot their's.
    Have a read here

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/general-gunsmithing/1502-tikka-t3-trigger-fyi

Technically whet you saw was a tikka hunter, a tikka sporter is another beast all together

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Laflamme" post=30062

If you take the action out an have an Allen key you can safely adjust it to around 2 pounds by screwing it to the bolt that holds the trigger on, Steve has a thread with picsthat should help you too.

If unsure how to don't do it

Comment

Working...
      X