Muzzle Brake for a Howa 1500 in 30-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle Brake for a Howa 1500 in 30-06

Hi everyone. Just got myself a new Howa 1500 in 30-06 and I'm trying to find a thread on muzzle brake to suit it. I am not a fan of clamp on anything and when I got the rifle there were a few small deep scratches just next to the crown so I'd be happy to see them removed and thread replace them. Can anyone suggest a suitable brake that is available?

Cheers,
    Paul

Get a screw on one. Clamp on ones look good until you don't do it up properly and it sails down range. Use the opportunity to get your muzzle crown checked and recut.

Comment

• Sambar Country
      Sambar Country commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Hairy Biker" post=29555
      Get a screw on one. Clamp on ones look good until you don't do it up properly and it sails down range. Use the opportunity to get your muzzle crown checked and recut.
      I've got an HSS clamp on brake for my .30-06 and it has never come off. Bolts tightened with an allen key, no torque wrench....no problems.

Definately after a screw on job as I wont be able to use it at my range but will be able to use it target shooting on some properties and I dont want to be messing around doing up and undoing clamps all the time. Any idea what brands are good and available?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Good are Vais or Badger. You'll have to do some ringing around though as Australian suppliers are not big on brakes.

Also have a look at the savage brake of the BAT, I got one for my Savage and its great

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats peoples opinions on something like this? Also are there import restrictions on muzzle brakes?
Working...
X