X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithgow Centre Fire rifle info

Actually there is no info.
    I sent them an email and asked 3 questions:
    • What is the twist rate on the .223 or would a couple of twist rates be offered
    • Would it be chambered to take standard .223 ammo or be able to fire the NATO rounds also
    • Would the look of it be similar to the .22 as I find it a pleasing look

Avoided the how much $ and when will it be released or any other questions about the .22
    Here is their reply, it was marked OPEN so there is no confidentiality requirement being broken
    G'day Robert,
    Many thanks for this enquiry.
    The engineers are still progressing the specifications as such we regret to advise but we cannot provide any answers to your questions at this time.
    We will email updates to all those who have registered their interest on the website first and then provide updates on the website.
    Thanks for your support. Save up, they are coming.
    Regards
    Wayne
    Wayne Pilkington
    Sales Manager
    Lithgow Arms

Um Wayne, I don't need to save up, I already have more then enough funds to buy one now, thought I'd like to support Australian made" first, maybe get a Sako or a Remington or Ruger then? Surely with the .22 finalized there would already be "on paper" some sort of spec's for the .223 and .308 ? or is everybody going to have to repeat the same process of you asking their opinion and then waiting nearly a year before we can buy one after generating huge anticipation for it? as much as Lithgow have the skill and expertise to manufacturer fine firearms, I don't think you would have invented any thing new the others don't already make so no trade secrets revealed as far as I can see. After the model shape was designed (and if a copy of the .22) a barrel length and twist rate should be easy to come up with. Here's a suggestion 1/8 and a 1/12, there ya go, done, No, factory ammo at this stage, or yes it will be able to take the NATO rounds too, yes it will be a larger copy of the .22 design as it will reduce manufacturing packaging costs and with the successful design of the .22 it will enhance a "heritage" feel to the range of products or NO it will be a totally different look, or yes it will be similar with a couple of changes to accommodate the larger calibres.

Yes maybe it's a bit harsh but FFS, it's not rocket science, it's a potential customer asking about a product that appears to be so secretive, unless they have invented something that will guarantee a 1/8 inch group at 200 yrds in a force ten gale there are no "trade secrets" to be given away or advantage for other makers to latch onto. I sort of guess it will look like a bigger .22, how about a couple of bones Lithgow to see if it will fit into a buyers criteria?

If the rifle is still being designed ie the engineers still working on the specifications , then they probably dont have an answer to your question. Considering this is a product still in development their answer is fair.

Why such a rush for the information and why do you think you are entitled to that information just out of interest?

Would you email a company for example like Holden before they release a new commodore and expect details about the car that is still in prototype form and get upset when they wont release said info?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by S12A" post=26265
      If the rifle is still being designed ie the engineers still working on the specifications , then they probably dont have an answer to your question. Considering this is a product still in development their answer is fair.
      They set the precedent by putting out a prototype and asking the public opinions on what they would like to see in way of design/features, I believe they would not of been advertising the models with a "coming soon" for ages if they were still in "mock up" stage.

Why such a rush for the information and why do you think you are entitled to that information just out of interest?
      As a potential buyer wishing to make a purchase and they as a retailer wishing to make a sale I think it's fair to ask for information, it's not really a "rush for the information" seeing they have been advertising coming soon for many months nowand as they ask for people to "register their interest" and had done so, I was showing my interest in their product by asking questions.

Would you email a company for example like Holden before they release a new commodore and expect details about the car that is still in prototype form and get upset when they wont release said info?
      Car makers regularly release info well prior to release, even when in prototype form usually prototype 3 or 4th stage to motoring magazines and dealers and large quantity buyers (an industry I was involved in for 22 years) well in advance to get feedback, you normally don't have to email them to ask for the info, it's supplied to you

Wouldn't it be more annoying if they gave you details but then changed them for the final product?

Comment

someways yes and someways no Let me explain, I'm in the market for a .223 brand new, do I buy one now or wait until they release it? If they ticked the boxes on what i am looking for then I would wait, if they changes the details on the release model and it unticked the boxes, I would buy elsewhere. They have been releasing info on the .22 along the way (most want to know price and release date which is important to them, fair enough). If they said it will be a such and such a twist and that is what I wanted then changed it on release to a different one I'd be annoyed for the wait time lost only, but I believe that they are a truthful company otherwise they wouldn't be doing ADF work to start with so wouldn't think they would do that.

Comment

• Gwion
        Gwion commented
        Editing a comment
        hehe... Hey Uncle, didn't you say somewhere back there!??! :P

I know how you feel, though. I've been in the market for a factory new .22 for sometime now. I was going to get a Sako Quad or CZ 452 (really want the Quad); then i heard about the LA 101 and decided to wait for it as i would love a good Aussie rifle and it was coming late this year (so the rumour said). Now they say 1st 1/4 2014. Hmmm. Will it be?

As a consumer/customer (or potential customer as the wait gets longer), i'm getting sick of the guessing and am starting to consider just getting the Quad again (so you know, if there are Lithgow people reading this).

I'd love to have all three LA 101's. I'd like them to look like they belong to the same family. I'd have the .22, the .223rem and a 308 rebarrelled with a Black Mountain barrel in 7mm08 (or they could just release a 7/08 and i'd buy that).

Anyway. I'm not expecting any news re: the center fires until they release the rim-fire and guage market response. That doesn't mean i don't want info now, though.

Cheers

Gwion

Originally posted by Uncle" post=26260
      Um Wayne, I don't need to save up, I already have more then enough funds to buy one now...
      Yeaaah I certainly hope Wayne isn't dropping a hint there

The upcoming Lithgow rimfire looks to be a copy of the CZ452. Maybe (hopefully?) they'll do the same with the centrefire & copy a proven winner.

Comment

Obviously they just aren't ready. If you are getting impatient just buy something else.

They might well be experiencing setbacks etc and want to ensure they don't announce a feature then not include it in the final product.

Gwion is probably onto something too; if the rimfire sells like a dog the centrefire will probably never see the shops.

Anyway jumping up and down won't get the rifle or the specs here any sooner.

Comment

Perhaps if the good folk at Lithgow were left to design said rifle instead of constantly replying to emails for curious shooters demanding nothing less than a 15000 word thesis on an unfinished product then progess would be markedly quicker?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Win88" post=27328
            Perhaps if the good folk at Lithgow were left to design said rifle instead of constantly replying to emails for curious shooters demanding nothing less than a 15000 word thesis on an unfinished product then progess would be markedly quicker?
            +1 and well put!!!

Doh!
            Homer

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Win88" post=27328
            OR....

maybe if more aussie shooters who would be interested in buying such a product would make inquiries they might realize they're onto a winner and commit more resources to getting the thing built and tested ready for production

just saying

steve
        Working...
        X