Waiting list for a Ruger Hawkeye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting list for a Ruger Hawkeye?

My birthday is coming up and I have my heart set on a stainless Ruger Hawkeye in .243. It will be my first centrefire.

So I went into my local gun shop, and was told that there is a 2 to 3 year, and I repeat year, waiting list for a Ruger.

Now I am not asking to buy a hand made Ferrari, just a mass produced rifle. They said that the factory is 3 million rifles behind as they are making AR-15 parts.

So, does anyone know where one of these rifles may be, or is the world just going to have to wait?

there are currently 3 on used-guns 1 sporter and 2 varmint models

Comment

Sounds like any new Rugers are quite some time off unfortunately.

Comment

• WhelanLad
        WhelanLad commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like BS maybe? did he try sell you another rifle on the shelf?

Im almost certain, by Adding an freight fee, an possibly transfer fee, You would be able to find that Exact Ruger hawkeye .243 from some other Shops shelf...

good luck on your hunt for the rifle

I have heard along the pipeline. I say again. Heard! Not confirmed that there are 1 million Ruger rifles on order in America. Apparently its all due to the yanks buying up big because of the feared legislation changes, and Ruger just cant keep up! Couple that with oz being a low volume consumer and I could see how the wait time could be that long.

Comment

Get a Howa short action instead if that's the case.

Comment

• WhelanLad
          WhelanLad commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah well that could make sense!

they freak out over there ey.....

12 months !
        They do come up on used guns a fair bit but surely someone has one on the shelf.
        The Howa would be a good substitute but the Ruger does have controlled round feed which I think is great in a no frills solid knock about hunting rifle.
        I have both and the Ruger is my go to hunting rifle.
        Happy birthday and hope you find the rifle you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Spode" post=26183
          My birthday is coming up and I have my heart set on a stainless Ruger Hawkeye in .243. It will be my first centrefire.

So I went into my local gun shop, and was told that there is a 2 to 3 year, and I repeat year, waiting list for a Ruger.

Now I am not asking to buy a hand made Ferrari, just a mass produced rifle. They said that the factory is 3 million rifles behind as they are making AR-15 parts.

So, does anyone know where one of these rifles may be, or is the world just going to have to wait?
          Secondhand, but you wont have to wait a couple of years!
          http://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=24989
          Tikka T3X 6XC
          Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
          Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
          Remington 788 - 222rem
          Browning Trombone .22

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I am going to open my mind to other rifles. The only reason I am really looking at Ruger is because my Father had one when I was young. But Howa and even Tikka are all pretty good to me, and you are right I can always sell it later. Or get say a Howa in 243 now, and then a Ruger in .308 later. And then I need a Mauser and a....this may turn out to be an expensive hobby!

Comment

• Pete
              Saint_Peter commented
              Editing a comment
              Mate,

I was in Safari Firearms (Sydney) yesterday, and they have three brand new in boxes - one in stainless laminated, and two stainless synthetics.

Give 'em a call - they're good people to deal with.

pete

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys. I think I am going to open my mind to other rifles. The only reason I am really looking at Ruger is because my Father had one when I was young. But Howa and even Tikka are all pretty good to me, and you are right I can always sell it later. Or get say a Howa in 243 now, and then a Ruger in .308 later. And then I need a Mauser and a....this may turn out to be an expensive hobby!

From an American perspective, I do have to call BS on some of that. The "scare" post Sandy Hook pretty much died down around April here. The 10-round mag that Remmy-Bushmaster charged me $50 for in January arrived in June with a receipt for $24.99. Semi-autos and just about all other firearm related items are back down to reality now. Ammo on the shelves again. Checked GunBroker tonight and I find 99 new Ruger .243s for sale. Ruger is a good rifle but if you have Howas and, especially, Tikkas on the rack to be had in your caliber, I'd jump at them.

I don't know what Ruger is doing production-wise with regards to AR parts. I do know that Ruger rifles aren't short for sale here. I don't know Oz import schedules, so.

If you can't find a Ruger, get a Tikka or Howa and thank yourself that you did. Tikka preferrably.

FYI there is also a Ruger Stainless Synthetic .243 at Shoalhaven Shooting Supplies Nowra .

Comment

Well I finally got my Hawkeye. In .223 though, after buying a Tikka when I started this thread.

Just waiting for the PTA, will possibly be in the post box right now!

I am looking forward to the different action and I want to have a good look to understand the Mauser style.

And a goat trip is coming up in 3 weeks, so just in time for me to spend a few weekends at Belmont getting used to it!

Comment

• Pitty
                Pitty commented
                Editing a comment
                There a nice little rifle, enjoy!

Originally posted by Spode" post=26183

Don't know what the situation was when you originally posted, but as of today there's plenty of Ruger M77 Hawkeye's in .243 available on the US side of the pond. If you're having trouble finding one, let me know and I can put you in tough with a dealer who can get one for you. The only ones that are harder to find are the left hand models.

Comment

Working...
              X