Ruger M77mk2 with Boyds Featherweight Thumbhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger M77mk2 with Boyds Featherweight Thumbhole

Well the wife's been pestering me for a while now about changing the standard Ruger stock for one of the Boyd's Thumbholes for her Mk2 Ruger - so I ordered one the other week and it just arrived, so I put her together. The wife's very happy with it as am I - the Thumbholes just feel right to us, so much better to handle than the standard type stocks on rifles, this makes this the 5th Boyds stock now in the collection. :lol:

Cost was $166 delivered - now all I need to do is get out and resight it and it should be good to go for the up coming fox season.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Soo tempted to get one for my MkII Hawkeye.... that Royal Jackaranda is doin it for me

price isn't bad at all man! is that advertised as $99 us, ? any issues or just order online an wait?

cheers
    WL

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by WhelanLad" post=23502
      Soo tempted to get one for my MkII Hawkeye.... that Royal Jackaranda is doin it for me

price isn't bad at all man! is that advertised as $99 us, ? any issues or just order online an wait?

cheers
      WL
      Hi WL,

Yeah that $99 US - simply go on to their website, sign up and place your order, takes around 10 days from order to delivery which is bloody good I reckon. The wife actually wanted the Jacaranda herself but there weren't any at the time so she decided on the Nutmeg, I like the Boyds as they are functional, cheap to buy, look good and all of mine have been a straight drop in fit so far, don't get any easier than that hey.

No issues ordering them at all mate, dead easy. They will send you a order confirmation straight away (doesn't say anything other than the fact you ordered a stock) and within a day or so you will get an email telling you the tracking no. etc.

Cheers mate

I still wish I never sold my 223 ruger hawkeye the stock was one of the things I really liked about it . Only sold it because of the heavy trigger and I bought a 7615 camo pump and didn't want two 223's . I have since found a gunsmith that will lighten standard triggers light as for $50 . It looks great in the thumb hole I just like the old stock better
    Maybe a sentimental thing

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Cruiser Country " post=23510
      I still wish I never sold my 223 ruger hawkeye the stock was one of the things I really liked about it . Only sold it because of the heavy trigger and I bought a 7615 camo pump and didn't want two 223's . I have since found a gunsmith that will lighten standard triggers light as for $50 . It looks great in the thumb hole I just like the old stock better
      Maybe a sentimental thing
      You sold it because of the trigger! they are bloody quick and easy to mod mate. :lol: 1 pin and they are in pieces, a quick change of a spring, a hone of the sear and a polish of all relevant surfaces and they are bloody good, done the wifes and took around 20-30mins and it went from crap to brilliant.

Yeah I didn't mind the old stock, worked ok for me but I do prefer the Boyds more, just feels very natural to me.

Cheers mate

Looking good there mate, I have just put a Ruger into a Boyds as well, the missus picked Applejack because she reckoned that was about as close to maroon as she could get ( QLDer ) What calibre is that one and did you have to open up the barrel channel? I will try to put up a photo when I can work out how

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Strikey" post=23530
      Looking good there mate, I have just put a Ruger into a Boyds as well, the missus picked Applejack because she reckoned that was about as close to maroon as she could get ( QLDer ) What calibre is that one and did you have to open up the barrel channel? I will try to put up a photo when I can work out how
      I love the Applejack, I reckon that will be the next colour I get. That rifle is 223 and I haven't done the barrel channel as yet but I will open it up slightly (I do it to all the Boyd's) as I like a little more clearance around the barrel.

I look forward to seeing pics of your's mate.

Cheers

varminator,
    lovely looking all rounder you got there.

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=23693
      varminator,
      lovely looking all rounder you got there.
      Hi mate,

Yeah they are a good little walk about type outfit, not too heavy and not too light, just right.

Okay , here is my Ruger, started life as a 22/250 with the much loved boat paddle stock :P , then had a Hogue stock to replace it, barrel was shot out and replaced with a MAB no. 3 profile chambered for 6BR, before anyone asks I have never had any issues feeding from the magazine, trigger fixed,( lightened from the standard bloody heavy) scope is a Simmons Gold Medal Varmint 6.5-20 and it now wears a Boyds Thumbhole Varmint in Applejack. Only problem is I don't have time to try it out with the new stock
    Attached Files

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Strikey" post=23854
      Okay , here is my Ruger, started life as a 22/250 with the much loved boat paddle stock :P , then had a Hogue stock to replace it, barrel was shot out and replaced with a MAB no. 3 profile chambered for 6BR, before anyone asks I have never had any issues feeding from the magazine, trigger fixed,( lightened from the standard bloody heavy) scope is a Simmons Gold Medal Varmint 6.5-20 and it now wears a Boyds Thumbhole Varmint in Applejack. Only problem is I don't have time to try it out with the new stock
      Very nice mate - I i love the stock with ss look
Working...
X