Ruger M77mk2 with Boyds Featherweight Thumbhole

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruger M77mk2 with Boyds Featherweight Thumbhole

    Well the wife's been pestering me for a while now about changing the standard Ruger stock for one of the Boyd's Thumbholes for her Mk2 Ruger - so I ordered one the other week and it just arrived, so I put her together. The wife's very happy with it as am I - the Thumbholes just feel right to us, so much better to handle than the standard type stocks on rifles, this makes this the 5th Boyds stock now in the collection. :lol:

    Cost was $166 delivered - now all I need to do is get out and resight it and it should be good to go for the up coming fox season.



    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

  • #2
    Soo tempted to get one for my MkII Hawkeye.... that Royal Jackaranda is doin it for me

    price isn't bad at all man! is that advertised as $99 us, ? any issues or just order online an wait?

    cheers
    WL

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by WhelanLad" post=23502
      Soo tempted to get one for my MkII Hawkeye.... that Royal Jackaranda is doin it for me

      price isn't bad at all man! is that advertised as $99 us, ? any issues or just order online an wait?

      cheers
      WL
      Hi WL,

      Yeah that $99 US - simply go on to their website, sign up and place your order, takes around 10 days from order to delivery which is bloody good I reckon. The wife actually wanted the Jacaranda herself but there weren't any at the time so she decided on the Nutmeg, I like the Boyds as they are functional, cheap to buy, look good and all of mine have been a straight drop in fit so far, don't get any easier than that hey.

      No issues ordering them at all mate, dead easy. They will send you a order confirmation straight away (doesn't say anything other than the fact you ordered a stock) and within a day or so you will get an email telling you the tracking no. etc.

      Cheers mate

  • #3
    I still wish I never sold my 223 ruger hawkeye the stock was one of the things I really liked about it . Only sold it because of the heavy trigger and I bought a 7615 camo pump and didn't want two 223's . I have since found a gunsmith that will lighten standard triggers light as for $50 . It looks great in the thumb hole I just like the old stock better
    Maybe a sentimental thing

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Cruiser Country " post=23510
      I still wish I never sold my 223 ruger hawkeye the stock was one of the things I really liked about it . Only sold it because of the heavy trigger and I bought a 7615 camo pump and didn't want two 223's . I have since found a gunsmith that will lighten standard triggers light as for $50 . It looks great in the thumb hole I just like the old stock better
      Maybe a sentimental thing
      You sold it because of the trigger! they are bloody quick and easy to mod mate. :lol: 1 pin and they are in pieces, a quick change of a spring, a hone of the sear and a polish of all relevant surfaces and they are bloody good, done the wifes and took around 20-30mins and it went from crap to brilliant.

      Yeah I didn't mind the old stock, worked ok for me but I do prefer the Boyds more, just feels very natural to me.

      Cheers mate

  • #4
    Looking good there mate, I have just put a Ruger into a Boyds as well, the missus picked Applejack because she reckoned that was about as close to maroon as she could get ( QLDer ) What calibre is that one and did you have to open up the barrel channel? I will try to put up a photo when I can work out how

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Strikey" post=23530
      Looking good there mate, I have just put a Ruger into a Boyds as well, the missus picked Applejack because she reckoned that was about as close to maroon as she could get ( QLDer ) What calibre is that one and did you have to open up the barrel channel? I will try to put up a photo when I can work out how
      I love the Applejack, I reckon that will be the next colour I get. That rifle is 223 and I haven't done the barrel channel as yet but I will open it up slightly (I do it to all the Boyd's) as I like a little more clearance around the barrel.

      I look forward to seeing pics of your's mate.

      Cheers

  • #5
    varminator,
    lovely looking all rounder you got there.

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=23693
      varminator,
      lovely looking all rounder you got there.
      Hi mate,

      Yeah they are a good little walk about type outfit, not too heavy and not too light, just right.

  • #6
    Okay , here is my Ruger, started life as a 22/250 with the much loved boat paddle stock :P , then had a Hogue stock to replace it, barrel was shot out and replaced with a MAB no. 3 profile chambered for 6BR, before anyone asks I have never had any issues feeding from the magazine, trigger fixed,( lightened from the standard bloody heavy) scope is a Simmons Gold Medal Varmint 6.5-20 and it now wears a Boyds Thumbhole Varmint in Applejack. Only problem is I don't have time to try it out with the new stock
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Strikey" post=23854
      Okay , here is my Ruger, started life as a 22/250 with the much loved boat paddle stock :P , then had a Hogue stock to replace it, barrel was shot out and replaced with a MAB no. 3 profile chambered for 6BR, before anyone asks I have never had any issues feeding from the magazine, trigger fixed,( lightened from the standard bloody heavy) scope is a Simmons Gold Medal Varmint 6.5-20 and it now wears a Boyds Thumbhole Varmint in Applejack. Only problem is I don't have time to try it out with the new stock
      Very nice mate - I i love the stock with ss look
Working...
X