THOMPSON CENTRE (TC) "VENTURE" how it stacks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THOMPSON CENTRE (TC) "VENTURE" how it stacks up

Okay so we have talked tikka vs howa to death. lets talk about another contender. does anyone know how the venture (TC) in 308 compares against these two guns. We don't want to start a tikka vs howa line of discussion. If you have had a good experience with one of these brands (in the bigger cartridges) and you can compare that to your experience with the venture tells us about it. I personally like the look of the venture. I don't know in buying guns but buying cars based on look is a good way to buy a lemon.
    Important to me is the out of the box useability of the gun. How does it stack the way it comes without lots of adjustments. I don't have a lot of experience at gunsmithing even the "simple" stuff. I probably could not get the stock off without a step by step video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thompsontcventure.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	37561
    "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

You already started this discussion
    http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/rifles-bolt-action-centre-fire/1609-thompson-centre-tc-venture#15634
    And the Company brand is Thompson CENTER not Centre
    It is named after a person Warren Center and is disrespectful not calling it his Surname.
    [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
    [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
    [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
    [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
    [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

• Laflamme
      Laflamme commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Shooting Sports" post=23191
      You already started this discussion
      http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/rifles-bolt-action-centre-fire/1609-thompson-centre-tc-venture#15634
      And the Company brand is Thompson CENTER not Centre
      It is named after a person Warren Center and is disrespectful not calling it his Surname.
      bloody english spell checker again. Sorry about that.
      No what I am asking is how this compares with the Howa or Tikka if anyone knows. That is an extension on a theme yes but a different question.

Has anyone fired both of these brands out of the box? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X