New HOWA KRG 26inch barrel 6.5 cm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem NF, it's just a mild load of 38gr of 08 pushing 120gr Match Kings, CCI std primers and seated 1mm off so the bloke shooting them would never have any problems despite his hobby of changing rifles every other week.

The best comment I got when he shows off his target was "I knew the Cmoor could shoot but didn't know it could shoot that well"

I have 3 packs of 123gr ELDs coming and 2 packs of 130 tipped Match Kings as 140s can no longer be bought.
    Prob got about 130 weight sorted 140s left, that's my tip for ELDs as they can be a bit inconsistent, some batches worse than others.
    120s will go fine for me as I have never shot past 600m.

You could go straight to that charge and fine-tune as it would be the lower node.
    I would normally find the higher node around the book max for my own rifle.

I belly-flopped with the short Harris bipod for the first time in ages the other week.
    Grouped well on the big plate but had trouble hitting the small 6" one, will use the bench and rest next time to judge the diff.

Comment

• That load was good for it's the purpose as the bloke will never shoot more than 200yds.
      You will be looking for more speed to shorten the flight time in the wind unless you just want to practice at 5 or 600.

Lucky I kept a loads exercise book and have the details from all the diff pills I got from Cleavers specials as it looks like I may have scored a few hundred 147gr ELDs if he is reliable and it doesn't fall through.
      All those diff 140ish pills took a little fine-tuning to get them grouping nice.

Comment

• so decided to check the other box of ammo that I loaded a while ago and have not been using. The last lot from the shoot other week I spent a bit more time and got all the case lengths as close as possible with my not wanting to spend too much time on it.... so within 30 thou... anyway the other box I stripped and checked and they were all over the shop from 1.905 to 1.930 so I got all them within 30 thou ( around 1.91) will be interesting to see if it shoots a bit better.
        Savage 7mm
        Paid Member
        Last edited by Savage 7mm; 26-12-2021, 02:33 PM.
        "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

• so....rifle is sold....taking a break from target shooting for a while
          "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

• Nah got the 22 mag will just go spotlighting with neighbour

Comment

• WTF is going on here?
            "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• since the shit with the TRA and us not allowed to use campbell town anymore. Also the shooting I preferred was only done at scottsdale, a 3.5 hr drive each way. The close range the shooting they were doing there just is not my cup of tea. So I decided to move on, take a break if you will. Maybe in the future I will get back into it we will see. I will just spotlight with the neighbour and get my fix that way for now.

Comment

• Wow. I would have just kept my long-range practice in at the new local range or can you not do that without playing the comp games?
                Can't complain with shooting the rabbiroos local with the big numbers.
                Should get a .22lr for plinking at home as it's always a bit of fun.
                Golf balls are good because the range changes as you send it flying down the paddock.

I took my Gaylord down to shoot the plates @ 500m on Friday, big opening day but could still space out with about 4 vacant benches between other shooters, great range and a very pleasant place to shoot.
                I couldn't hit the small 150mm plate but 2 clicks up and sent it spinning 3 or 4 times in about 6 shots.
                Working on seeing the hits and splashes in the scope and the ratio is getting better.
                I think I just have to hold it all tighter as I have no intention to put a break on a 6.5 range rifle.

Comment

• yeah not sure TBH, they have not yet cleared it out to 1000yds and I am kind of over it all at the minute so needed a break

Comment

• I could have told you an eventual outcome when the stink first raised it's ugly head some months back...

A new pack of wankers taking on a old established pack of wankers. I've experienced the new and tolerated the old... IMHO both parties miss the real target of a unified sporting interest.

Enjoy the new direction and distances... Everything is relevant if you ask me.

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• Interestingly enough I have been following the Colac Rifle Club for a number of years and they have a great policy. Bring your rifle and shoot with us. If it was not over two hours drive I would have gone already, I might still do sometime this year. Some clubs need to take a page out of their book.
                      https://www.facebook.com/ColacRifleClub

Comment

Working...
                      X