New HOWA KRG 26inch barrel 6.5 cm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HOWA KRG 26inch barrel 6.5 cm

Have purchased a HOWA KRG in 6.5 cm for PSR shooting as my 7mm is just too unwieldy and 5 shot mag kills me on the 10 shot strings.

I will be picking it up next week and must thank Brett at sports hut launceston for his service.

My mate has the same rifle with 24 inch barrel and i have started around the load he uses to see where mine likes it. Have loaded 3 at 40g , 40.5g and 41g at 2.84 COAL which from my research seems to be the go.

I have a FALCON S30 FFP mil scope and optisan quick release rings and a area 419 hellfire brake coming so should be a good rig.

Pix of rifle soon as i pick it up

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_123307.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	303492

Quite a size difference

Name:	20190511_123336.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	303493

Give these a go supposed to be a bit better

Name:	20190511_123343.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	303494
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Should serve you well 'Savage'... Look forward to reading about this journey.
    "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

• SPRINT-GTO
      SPRINT-GTO commented
      Editing a comment
      PSR Shooting??

Nice choice on the Howa! Sometimes I wish I was right handed.

The BR2's seem to work in everything I've used them in, 243/260/308/6.5 SAUM. I thought the cup was a little thicker on them, never checked to see but never pierced one either.

I fitted up one of the Area 419 Hellfire brakes a few weeks back. They have a fantastic mounting setup with the tapered adapter, really easy to take on and off if you need to and no machining required to time them. It made a massive difference to the rifle it went on (6.5 CM Tikka CTR). They're not a big recoiling thing but it just sat on target, it was jumping around a bit beforehand. They do make it really easy to spot shots and you need to blow a bit of dirt back at everyone that's blowing it at you during a match :lol:
    Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

• Savage 7mm
      Savage 7mm commented
      Editing a comment
      cheers mate yeah for the money looked like a great bit of kit, I think it will serve me well in the PSR matches and might even stretch it's legs at the long range stuff we do as well.

well I seem to lost most of this topic......
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

Originally posted by Savage 7mm View Post
      well I seem to lost most of this topic......
      we're looking into it 'Sav'.
      not sure why but we'll find out.

Comment

hopefully the rest of this will make it back to the boards.
        Anyway we have our next PSR match in november and are having a few practice days prior, last weekend I did well on the 500 yd moving target and the f-class round with good elevation and grouping, despite the wind......but the unsupported shooting has been my nemisis. I decided to do some dry fire practice at home and I have it all pretty stable now with the only changes being a revised sling and my hand on the folded bipod as opposed to just behind it. We are shooting again this weekend so will be good to try it out. Will be doing some long range stuff as well (1200 + yds) so I will bring the 7mm too as I have not had it out for a while.
        Finally got my EGW 40 moa rail, I have added a 1mm shim to it to make it same as what I currently have which is around 50 moa so will fit that once I finish it off, the one I have on there now works but doesn't look so pretty.
        I had a few rounds that I forgot to anneal the cases and the bullets were quite tight when I pressed them in, I decided against using the bullet puller ( the bangy one) as I doubt they would have come out. So I decided to just shoot them out, anyway one case primer pocket well stretched and 2 others not so snug any more so I reckon the powder load is at max now.

Comment

Did a bit of f class yesterday 500 700 and 1200 yds used the 6.5 on the first 2, wind was crazy pushing the rounds up and down on target it did ok apart from that, used the 7mm at 1200 and had same up and down with a couple of groups but lots of vertical spread all the others had same results.

Put the 40 moa rail on the 6.5 and is now much better than my dodgy modded other one.

Also did a run kneeling unsupported and got 6 from 6 hits at 100m so my changes have done the trick.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	305820 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	305821 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	305819

Comment

Just enlarged your pics mate... Hope you don't mind
              "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

thanks mate I could not see how to do that

Comment

Here it is until the rest of the topic shows up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll just get the microscope out shall I?

Click on the size option.

Comment

looks ok to me? I did find the size options and adjusted it until it looked ok on my lappy

edit: ahh you must have seen it before I fixed it on my lappy, on my phone when i upload the pic I don't see any size options
                      Last edited by Savage 7mm; 21-07-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	305934 Getting better at the unsupported shooting i can now feel when i get a good shot off and when i am not right to shoot so bit more practice

Comment

It's pretty natural to feel good when you get a 'shot off'...

Comment

Working...
                          X