Love 338 lapua!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love 338 lapua!

Hey guys took my TRG42 338lm out to the range sun morn for a shoot. Have to say i loved it! The thud is awesome! The lapua round is great and works well. Didnt shoot to 500 + but at 100 to 300y it groups well. Still to do a more detailed ladder test but so far 91.5 to 92.5 of AR2225 looks to be the best charge to work with.
    The USO scope is fantastic, the glass is great and have no trouble seeing bullet holes out to 500mtrs, but have to get my head around adjusting the EREK turret for zero/setup etc.
    One thing i found i had trouble with was the brass would not come out of the ejection port on occasions. It seems to hang up on the front optilock base. I will have to get the dremel out to round off the bottom corner. Might grab a spuhr direct mount when funds allow.
    All in all im pretty rapt with the whole package, its suits me and its fun to shoot.

WHAT .... No pics ? ....

Congrats on your rifle ... USO scope ... Nice

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01595_2013-10-22.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	34151
      There you go!

used a 338 lappy earlier this year.
    I must admit, it was a lot easier on the shoulder that I thought it would be.
    even with the 300gr pills.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Your right i didnt mind it, but after 10 to 15 rounds i started gettind a headache.

Originally posted by xbrute" post=18922
    Hey guys took my TRG42 338lm out to the range sun morn for a shoot. Have to say i loved it! The thud is awesome! The lapua round is great and works well. Didnt shoot to 500 + but at 100 to 300y it groups well. Still to do a more detailed ladder test but so far 91.5 to 92.5 of AR2225 looks to be the best charge to work with.
    The USO scope is fantastic, the glass is great and have no trouble seeing bullet holes out to 500mtrs, but have to get my head around adjusting the EREK turret for zero/setup etc.
    One thing i found i had trouble with was the brass would not come out of the ejection port on occasions. It seems to hang up on the front optilock base. I will have to get the dremel out to round off the bottom corner. Might grab a spuhr direct mount when funds allow.
    All in all im pretty rapt with the whole package, its suits me and its fun to shoot.
    Hey mate what range do you go to that lets you shoot 338lm?
    Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Little river in vic would be my guess..... Be sure to let us know how the scope goes, I've been looking at that exact model for a while now, mainly because of the erek knob....
      I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

Might grab a spuhr direct mount when funds allow.
        Highly recommend the Sphur mount. Have one for my PM2.

Got it from Delta Tactical. Good fellas to deal with.

Too many clever design points to list. A joy to fit and use.

Paul

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          Sphr are one of the highest quality mounts available,

if you want quick release of a similiar qulaity check out GDI engineering. same price point as the SPUHR

Xbrute

I'm using original trg rings and base. No hang up issue. A little different to your set up.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          You have the 3 ring setup. What do you think of them? Are they worth considering or get the spuhr mount. Opinion?

• Throwingbrick
          Throwingbrick commented
          Editing a comment
          That bolt handle is so good is that stock or aftermarket?

Have you put it through a chronograph yet?? If so what speed.. Have you tried the Berger 300 or Rockey Mountain 300 gr..

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Otis" post=19366
          No I don't have a chrono and I have only tried the 250 SMK'S. Will probably end up using the 300's once I start shooting out further.

Have you put it through a chronograph yet?? If so what speed.. Have you tried the Berger 300 or Rockey Mountain 300 gr..

Agreed the sako three ring set up is expensive. However it does come With an integral front attachment for the mirage band and the base is canted at 30 moa.

If your trg is phosphatized so is the 3 ring deal.

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          You can get picatinny mirage band attachments too, so you could just use that in front of the spuhr.
          Spuhr also have multiple cant options too.
      Working...
      X