Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omarks

Hi all,
    Just wondering about omarks. Im thinking of a cheap long range rifle (scoped) that I can build.
    I have my 6.5x55, but that's for hunting.
    Anyone care to put some pics up of there's and give feedback on them?
    Thanks in advance.

Nothing wrong with an omark as a target rifle, if they are set up when you buy one. If you factor in the costs of a good stock, the fitting of a rail or mounts, and a barrel adapter to accommodate an after market barrel, there are better options to be had. That said I own two, and wouldn't mind another. NBT

Comment

• sportco
      sportco commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my "best" Omark. Set up for target rifle and F class standard. Built in 1982 and still going strong. Excuse the white placard. That was put there to identify the rifle for a US mate.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	omark006.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	33016

Name:	omark005.JPG
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	33017

Name:	omark003.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	33018

G'day sportco
    Thanks for the pic. The second one appeals to me.

Comment

• sportco
      sportco commented
      Editing a comment
      send it,
      That second one is the gong buster I use at the farm, Scottmat, is that a Weekes stock on your Omark??

I've got one that still shoots very well. Although you wouldn't think so if you saw me today.

Name:	20130910_184250_2013-10-20.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	33063

Name:	20131005_133400_2013-10-20.jpg
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	33064

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!!

I wish it had a weeks stock on it. It's just a standard stock with an add on on the bottom of the pistol grip. I didn't like it at first because it's just plain ugly, but it is very comfortable for my trigger hand. I was looking at a weeks stock yesterday actually. It was a bit rough but it still looked the part
    Actually, while we are talking about these stocks, if anyone has a weeks stock for an omark/sportco 44 that wish to part with could you please contact me with a pm

Comment

I got some of the best scores of my life with a scoped Omark that came from a deceased estate. Try not to get one with a warped action. Not everyone knew how to bed a rifle in those days and sometimes they bent the action. That is my guess anyway. Check with a straight edge.

Comment

I have a couple, picked up one the other day for $200 , this is in a Weeks stock. just sent a .223 barrel down to a bloke in WA for his nephew to use. the best is if you can get one with he Neilson adapter.

Regards
        jb

Comment

Originally posted by Send-it" post=17469
          Hi all,
          Just wondering about omarks.
          Anyone care to put some pics up of there's and give feedback on them?
          Send it, ill bring my Omark down to the shoot on the 6th. i havnt shot it many times yet but your more than welcome to shoot it as much as you want.

Comment

cheers Sab,
            since I started this thread way back then, I've had a couple of shoots at the range with omarks.
            I shot the bloody things better than my own rifles.

Comment

I spent many weekends at the range with Omarks.
              To set one up from scratch can take alot of time and fiddling. If you can find one pre-loved, and get it checked out, there isnt a better way to get into one.
              There are some that have been butchered, very rough actions, miss-matched bolts etc. I sometimes used the club rifle and after 3 shots you couldnt open the bolt, everything siezed up. Case expansion etc....
              TSE make new barrels too. (might be fancy to get a 6.5x55 barrel made? If thought about it thats for sure!)
              A bit bloody heavy for field work though.
              Off the bonnet of the 4x4 should be a winner!

Find your local Full Bore club, call the secretary, ask for the armourer. They normally have a selection of donated rifles or deceased estate rifles that they are willing to let go, help cover range insurance etc.

Comment

Cheers for everyone's feedback.
                All sorted, but I'll leave thread open for those wishing to talk omarks.

Comment

• CE
                  CE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just purchased an unfired original Omark M44 target rifle. Will be interesting to check it out. Any tips on things to look for or in the set up?

Well, I was hesitant to pick one up as I've seen that changing barrels on these requires an adaptor, but this morning I found out that a Brisbane workshop actually makes parts and even complete rifles for the model 44. Place is called TS Engineering.
                Plays at Ripley. Always vote liberty.

Comment

Working...
                X