• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• savage axis

ordered an axis left hand in 25/06
    can,t wait now to give it ago
    whose got one and hows it go ?

Well I don't have one and I dunno what you intend using it for.

But I reckon you're gonna have a ball with it. The Axises I have looked at in the shop look ok. They come in left handed; even better.

The 25-06. What a great cartridge. Flat shooting and hard hitting.

What's not to like?

Are you going to reload or go factory?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      your right bobnob i am going to have a ball .
      read an article by nick harvey and thought i gotta have one , he reckons its a great calibre.
      going to use it on the bunnies and foxes.
      going to try highland ammo first and go from there.

holy hell, i was thinking my 243 was a bit on the large side (no such thing as overkill tho ) 25-06 is gonna tear the poor red coats in half
    savage MKII FSS .22 boyds laminate stock leupold VX1 3-9X40
    howa 1500 .243 varmint bedded in boyds thumbhole stock leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 DNZmount
    howa 1500 .223 varmint in the "franken stock" shortened barrel (19") pecar 8X56 DNZmount
    gammo shadow 1000 .177
    akkar churchill 30" O/U 12G extractors

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      never to much gun for redcoats . :lol:
      in the future i,d like to hunt some goats and pigs so the rifle will come in handy .

I'm a non-owning fan of the Axis. Handled it and the Ruger American before and preferred the Axis. Own a Tikka composite in the same class and it's great. Handled both an Axis and a Ruger American today and loved the action of the Axis. Stock felt better too. Again. Think I'll buy an Axis at some point,

Comment

got the 25/06
      last monday got the rifle on paper and fired off a box of highland 90gr hp,s.
      need to lighten the trigger now and fire another box, should be able to shoot a tight group.
      then onto some bunnies !
      will post some pics.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi i got a Savage axis 30.06 and i have no complaints... Just the factory Bushnell scope and rings setup is for the bin... check my post on 4scopes.com for info on my savage setup... good luck
    Working...
    X