Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With One Of My Tikkas

Hi all,

I decided today to adjust the triggers on both of my Tikkas. I managed to pull them both apart, make the simple adjustments and then place back together with stock and retorque etc.

I noticed at the bottom of the Gun Vice as i was placing the rifles away this little fella.. Got me where the hell it came from or where it belongs??? Can anyone shed some light please??

Also just for a little info I'd be keen to know what others are doing torque wise when it comes to screws for under the rifle (especially Tikka T3 Lites) when placing back together.

Many thanks

Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	32903

Looks to me to be the recoil lug.
    Check your stock, there is a spot for it in the area of the forward of the front action screw in the stock(it actually lives in the stock!).
    Cuts down on movement of the action in the stock!

Also this should help with torque-

Click image for larger version

Name:	fatwrench-Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	32906

Comment

Looks like the recoil lug.
      I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Looks like a recoil lug to me.

You will need to put it back before firing either rifle (which one did it come from?)

Have adjusted the trigger on my T3 (for weight) without the need to pull the rifle apart
        This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys.. Have looked at this exploded diagram and trying to figure out where the hell it belongs???

Bed it.

I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Have a look at some of the other Tikka T3 Topics here, like bedding one etc the guys have posted photo's and shows you where it belongs.... A little slot that looks exactly like the negative version of what's in your hand. In the stock...

Generally they don't fall out, should be a snug fit.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Mega" post=17417
            Have a look at some of the other Tikka T3 Topics here, like bedding one etc the guys have posted photo's and shows you where it belongs.... A little slot that looks exactly like the negative version of what's in your hand. In the stock...

Generally they don't fall out, should be a snug fit.
            Exactly, if its not a snug fit in your stock then maybe you should probably epoxy it back in place!
        Working...
        X