• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIA's

Hi all,
    just curious,
    are there many AIA owners out there?
    what are they like (in regards to quality, accuracy, reliability etc)?
    I've never had much to do with them.
    they look like a good option for a general purpose scrub gun.

My advice, PM varmntr, he has one and is quite knowledgeable on 303 converts.

Comment

will do.
      is that all they are? (modernized 303's)
      they look it.

Comment

• scythe
        scythe commented
        Editing a comment
        If by modernized .303 you mean .308win then yes, they are.
        From all reports previous they are a slick rifle to own, quite accurate as well when compared to an actual lee enfield.
        They were purpose made to look like our beloved lee enfield rifles whilst using modern steels, manufacturing techniques and ammunition, with the added bonus of a drilled and tapped receiver from the get go.
        No need to spoil grandads war time rifle amymore.

I got in touch with them about one of their models. When they finally replied, they sounded quite reasonable people but then, on the old forum, I saw where a bloke was having issues, so that was the end of that. Never owned one though. Having owned a brand new Rossi with problems, I was pretty leery.

Comment

I have a No 4 Mk4 model. It's awesome. Never had reliability issues, not the most accurate piece I have but it will do 1 Moa at 100m which is fine with me. If you can get a hold of AIA get one they are the devil to get a hold of but there still about.
        with the stuff and the things and the people.
        You there, Enlisted man!

Comment

Originally posted by Send-it" post=13747
          Hi all,
          just curious,
          are there many AIA owners out there?
          what are they like (in regards to quality, accuracy, reliability etc)?
          I've never had much to do with them.
          they look like a good option for a general purpose scrub gun.
          I have one that is very accurate (in 308 win) and reliable, make sure if you buy one its not missing anything as the company is hard to get in touch with. I'd buy another.

Comment

• 7he Nut
            7he Nut commented
            Editing a comment
            I own one of the B2 heavier barrel variants. they are very nice, well built rifles. only issue is that they are a little heavier than your average hunting rifle.
            that said i still wouldnt hesitate in taking my own out into the scrub. I did have mine shooting around 15-20 mm groups at 100 using the NRAA 155gr ammo, and i dare say that it may even shoot better given some better optics and more precise shooter.

and as a passing note i may have mine up for sale in the near future, due to a wedding that needs funding.

Mods,
          feel free to combine this AIA thread, with the other AIA thread here.
          should you wish to.

Comment

Working...
          X