Tikka Owners Show Us Your Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tikka Owners Show Us Your Kit

l picked up this 204R T3 Hunter S11 4-16x42 not long back and having fun cleaning up the rabbits with this almighty calibre
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01490.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	29265

Here's my tikka t3 stainless varmint in 308.

Nightforce NXS, HSS bolt knob and shroud and cheek riser.

Name:	image_2013-10-11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	29319

Name:	image_2013-10-11-2.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	29320

Just waiting on my Whiskey 3 gen 4 to come in from Delta Tactical!! Can't wait!!

Comment

.204 and .30-06 Tikkas....no big deal, just another rifle. Show tomorrow.
      I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Here's mine.... T3 Varmint in 7mm-08, pillar bedded in a GRS Varmint stock. Fluted the barrel and pillar bedded myself. Also took the barrel down to 20" and re-crowned it. I also made a kit that turns the 3 shot mag into a single shot adaptor that sits flush with the stock.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Rezon8" post=13271
          Here's mine.... T3 Varmint in 7mm-08, pillar bedded in a GRS Varmint stock. Fluted the barrel and pillar bedded myself. Also took the barrel down to 20" and re-crowned it. I also made a kit that turns the 3 shot mag into a single shot adaptor that sits flush with the stock.

Well done. Looks great how does it shoot

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work rezon very nice.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Rezon8" post=13271

hey rez,

sorry i missed the results of you're barrel fluting operation. what were the end results as far as weight reduction and POI change

steve

PS: here's my Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless in 7-08, Leupold VXii 3-9X40, stoney creek target turrets, 1lb trigger, Sinclair Bi-Pod (I also have a Lite .243 barrel for it as well as my LR .284 Barrel, Sightron Siii 10-50X60 and BR stock)

Tikka Lite .223 in PSE Carbon Fibre Stock, Left handed, Stainless. Has now got one of my Titanium bolt handles and Titanium bolt shrouds on it though. Stock is lighter than the factory lite stock.

Tikka .308 Varmint Stainless LH in Manners T4 Carbon Shell stock. Has been Titanium Devcon bedded with one of my Sterk Stainless lugs, has a Titanium Pineapple Handle and Titanium shroud on it. Barrel and action Cerakoted by TAP in Armour Black, the Handle and Shroud are actually Graphite Black (Cerakoted by me), if you let the Cerakote 'flash off' before baking it, it'll be a bit more matte finish - hence why the handle/shroud and Barrel+Action look the same black.
        Cerakoted the Stock myself with a digicam stencil kit - Graphite black, Smiths Grey, Battleship Grey, OD Green

Same Rifle in Roedale Chassis with Modified (to suit LH) AI skins in FDE

Same Rifle Before Cerakote in Roedale Chassis with Viperskins in FDE and with Swept Ball handle (AI Style)

Comment

• Obrim
          Obrim commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by jhonvdp" post=13281
          Tikka Lite .223 in PSE Carbon Fibre Stock, Left handed, Stainless. Has now got one of my Titanium bolt handles and Titanium bolt shrouds on it though. Stock is lighter than the factory lite stock.

Tikka .308 Varmint Stainless LH in Manners T4 Carbon Shell stock. Has been Titanium Devcon bedded with one of my Sterk Stainless lugs, has a Titanium Pineapple Handle and Titanium shroud on it. Barrel and action Cerakoted by TAP in Armour Black, the Handle and Shroud are actually Graphite Black (Cerakoted by me), if you let the Cerakote 'flash off' before baking it, it'll be a bit more matte finish - hence why the handle/shroud and Barrel+Action look the same black.
          Cerakoted the Stock myself with a digicam stencil kit - Graphite black, Smiths Grey, Battleship Grey, OD Green

Same Rifle Before Cerakote in Roedale Chassis with Viperskins in FDE and with Swept Ball handle (AI Style)
          Dude you are the tikka king! I bow to you.

How hard was the cerakoting?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by jhonvdp" post=13281

Mate you have some fine looking gear there , thanks for sharing

.243 tikka lite its hard to see it cause the pig is so big
        Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Have the very same rifle. Still haven't gotten the 5 round mag for it but it's on my mind. She is a dedicated pig gun not unlike the one in your pic. Good honest rifle. Light. Balanced, Accurate. Glad I own it.

Just a couple of T3's
        Attached Files

Comment

• SLAP
          SLAP commented
          Editing a comment
          My 22-250

Opps wanted to show the new Manners T4A, hence the edit. I have a Sterk titanium bolt handle and shroud (superb quality) with a CDI bottom metal.
          Attached Files

• M77
          M77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Mauser" post=13360
          Just a couple of T3's
          I can count 7 . That's not a couple
          Nice !

The Cerakoting isn't that hard really, just have to have the right gear and follow the steps properly.
        I didn't do the barrel+action because my blaster isn't/wasn't big enough, I now have a big enough oven (was used to bake the stock).
        I regularly Cerakote bolt handles and small things - Blast with garnet, Degrease in Acetone, Spray with Cerakote (HVLP Gun 0.8 Nozzle), Bake at 120 for 2hrs.
        The stock was a long process, sanded it, spray base coat, bake 20mins, let cool, apply stencils, repeat spray/bake/cool/apply stencils, then bake finally for 80degrees for 2hrs. I might put up the 'how to' I had on the old forum. Peeling off the stencils was fun.... Happy with the end result though.

SLAP I'm loving your setup - Manners stock and the Titanium handle+Shroud
        Mauser, you own a lot of Tikka's and I notice your number plate too! haha.

Comment

• GD308
          GD308 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's my Varmint .223 with 1 in 8 twist..
          Fitted a Sterk titanium bolt handle, Harris bipod, Yodave 12oz trigger spring, EGW 20moa base and Konus 8-32 scope...
          Attached Files

Blued varmint in 7mm-08
        Roedale RCS Stock/Chassis
        Sightron 6-24x50 MOA
        Seekins Rings
        EGW 20 MOA Rail
        Holland's Cant Bubble
        Sterk Bolt Handle
        Lumley Bolt Shroud
        Alpha Type 2 Mags
        Atlas Bipod with spigot mount
        Sterk Bipod mount shelf

Lapua 260 Rem brass neck expanded up to 7mm. Berger 168gr Classic Hunter. Alliant Reloder 17.

It throws the 168gr out at 2800fps and is a solid .5" and under performer.

Still to come is having the muzzle threaded and the lot Cerakoted in Armour Black.

Name:	P1010516.JPG
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	29589

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Dino who did you get the bolt handle off?

jhonvdp,

He has posted in this thread.

Comment

These aren't fancy ass tacticool rifles....they're for hunting.

T3 Varmint .204 Ruger....R1 Meopta Meostar 4-16X44.
          T3 Lite .30-06 Springfield....H34S Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot.

Name:	DSC_0005.JPG
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	29602
          I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=13562
            These aren't fancy ass tacticool rifles....they're for hunting.

T3 Varmint .204 Ruger....R1 Meopta Meostar 4-16X44.

Same here Sambar mines just hunting rifle but I gotta love some of these tacticools .
            Attached Files

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            [quote="Sambar Country" post=13562]These aren't fancy ass tacticool rifles....they're for hunting.

The almighty 30-06

Thanks for the compliment, and happy to share. Happy to answer any questions too.
          I've got yet another Tikka project on the way, just have to find more time to complete it!

Comment

Comment

Name:	DSC01528.JPG
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	30150
              This is mine
              Tikka T3 TAC 308
              Roedale chassis, Victor Co FDE Viperskins V2 and side rail
              Leupold 6.5-20x50 MK4
              Burris XTR rings
              Atlas bipod and monopod
              Sterk titanium swept ball cer black
              Sako MBrake
              Shoots .2 MOA

Comment

Here are my two Tikka T3's... 308 Forest and 204 Lite. Both are great...

Name:	DSC01846.JPG
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	30192

Name:	IMG_0039.JPG
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	30193

Comment

• Zero
                  Zero commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here is mine.

Disclaimer: No that is not me in the photo.

T3 SS Varmint 17" bbl in 308, bolted into a Manners T6 stock. I believe it is the first T3 Manners T6 stock in the country, courtesy of Sam Russel back when he worked for Nightforce/Lightforce. This rifle served as the test bed for virtually every Lumley Arms Tikka product. The rail is a Lumley prototype titanium 0MOA base, bolt shroud is a Gen 1 stainless model hand fitted to the bolt body. It also features the Lumley bedding kit and DBM.

Brake is of own design courtesy of some employees at a top notch gusmithing joint.

Topped off with NF 34mm 1.125" UL Rings and an old school 3-12x50 PMII.
              Working...
              X