Sakos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakos

Sakos - I just love them. Lets see some pics.

Here are a couple to get things started:

I have another Sako on order and will place some pics when I get my mitts on it!

Sako 85 .223 1:8 Bavarian (pictured with Meopta 4-12 x 50)
    The photos dont do this beauty justice. It is just a great little rifle. I have since put a little Meopta 3-9 x 42 with BDC reticule and lower mounts on it now. Just a great walk around rifle.

Sako 85 22-250 Varmint with Meopta 6-18 x 50
    The most accurate rifle I have owned. Its a laser - not quite as pretty as its sister but functions like a dream.

Heres mine, TRG42 338 lapua mag USO scope. Have had it 2 days now! Already falling in love along with my T3 TAC.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01595.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	20619

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by xbrute" post=2871
      Heres mine, TRG42 338 lapua mag USO scope. Have had it 2 days now! Already falling in love along with my T3 TAC.
      XBrute thats awesome!

glad you have it in your hands mate and you should review that USO once you have some time behind it too

cheers

Anthony
      Attached Files

• Jason Lefty
      Jason Lefty commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the rifle mate.
      Attached Files

• Sanus
      Sanus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yer I have a t3 tac also (not stricktly a sako) and when I first got it didn't really like it much (bit plastic feeling) but after shooting it a bit....... mother f---er!!!!! shoots good - loving it now.
      Attached Files

Sako L461 AI 222 with 3-9x50 Tasco - a lovely light little walkabout outfit that shoots well.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Varminator" post=2910
      Sako L461 AI 222 with 3-9x50 Tasco - a lovely light little walkabout outfit that shoots well.

That's a really nice rifle mate.

Something about these Sako rifles, they look like quality and I'm yet to see one yet with furniture that I don't like.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

This is my Sako 85 Varmint Walnut Stainless in .308 topped with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50FFP

I will need to take and upload a current picture of it because that was taken a while ago and it has since had a bipod fitted, the sunshade removed from the scope, flip up covers fitted and it will soon have the scope re-fitted because the replacement has arrived from where the screws from the bases into the rings were too long and damaged the scope tube. Thanks again Vortex warranty!

Interesting fact, my old scope had a knurled zoom ring, the new one is grooved.

Anyhow SAKO!

Comment

spare me

Comment

• Vromme
          Vromme commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Brent65" post=3204
          spare me
          You can see by the title what the thread is about. If you dont like it quite simple really - dont click it.

My black bear is on it's way (first sako ever), will post pics when it arrives....ah the waiting :P
        Long distance short term relationships are my specialty...

Comment

yeah that's it

Comment

Hard not to be a Sako admirer, once you've shot one. Or even fondled will do it :P

Sorely tempted by a Sako for my first rifle, until I got into the gravitational pull of the milsurp darkside :lol:

Comment

have owned 4, TRG42 .300wm, 2 x 75 in .223 and .308 and a 85 in .308

Comment

• Varminator
                Varminator commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Brent65" post=3653
                have owned 4, TRG42 .300wm, 2 x 75 in .223 and .308 and a 85 in .308
                Why the strange comment then Brent?

9.3 * 62 Grizzly with a 1-6 by 24 Swarovski Z6

338 lm trg42 S&B PMII

260 rem SAKO 85 varmint on an AI chasis with Viper Skins Zeiss Victory

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finnlight.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	21478

This my Finnlight .308 with a 2.5-25 x42 March.

Sweetest centrefire I've handled. Shoots under .5 MOA with factory Norma 178 soft points, weighs bugger all and the scope is great.

The fluted barrel heats quick and cools quick. I have not noticed a POI change yet.

Comment

So what are we all using to mount scopes on our Sako rifles?

I've just had my scope return and it's going back in the extra low optilocks however this time I'm going to put a shim between the rear base and ring in order to get around 5-6mrad extra which will allow me to dial between 100m and 1000m without requiring holdover. Due to the center to center measurement of the ring spacing being 105mm (with front ring at rear most position) it works out to be approximately 0.1mm = 1mrad and with 20moa being around 5 or 6 mrad (and I should only need around this amount) I'm planning to go with either .5 or .6mm shim at the rear, depending on whether or not I can find a .5mm shim so I don't have to stack two 0.25's or a .4 and a .1 or even a .4 and 0.25 for a little bit more if that's what I decide.

Everything I read says that this is the only way to gain elevation with the optilocks, apart from milling the front base down, apparently the plastic bearing rings take up the slack so there's no pressure placed on the scope tube.

Are there any better solutions for a Sako85 short action (.30 to get 20moa or equivalent elevation. I've seen the rail from roedale precision e.t.c. but then I still need to chase up rings e.t.c. to suit. Scope is a Vortex Viper PST6-24x50FFP, just clears the barrel with a cover on it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Jester308
                    Jester308 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here's my pair,
                    Sako 75 varmint in 308, McMillan sako varmint stock in 60/20/20 OD/tan/black with Near Mfg 20moa rail and seekins rings. Factory barrel has been cut to 20in, fluted and threaded 5/8x24.

Here's a before pic of it's little brother, a 75 varmint in. 222 that is off getting rebarreled with a. 1:8 .223 20in barrel, also fluted and threaded. It's McMillan varmint stock is again 60/20/20 but this time tan/OD/Black. It will be fitted with a near Mfg 20moa rail and cerekoted in either armour black or black with tan flutes.

Both will end up wearing the new FFP vortex viper PST 2.5-10x32's in seekins rings.

Some great looking gear already. Looking forward to seeing more. Where is Harb, he has a few beauts as well?

Comment

• Varminator
                    Varminator commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Vromme" post=4036
                    Some great looking gear already. Looking forward to seeing more. Where is Harb, he has a few beauts as well?
                    Harbs got a few? FMD I reckon he owns the Sako Factory! I've never seen a person own so many awesome firearms! I reckon he's pretty much got one of every firearm ever made!!!

This is my favourite hunting rifle. It is a special order(12month wait) sako 591 in .243. It is a varmint model with a factory fitted sako stainless barrel. I got the rifle in 1996, and it cost $1950 wholesale(my old man had a gun shop).
                  Here a while ago I went fox shooting with a mate about 80k's from town and had a good time, but coming home my mate was driving and he decided that the ute travelled better upside down. We ended up in a dry/muddy salt lake and the unsecured contents of the ute went every were. The rifle went out the window and ended up with the stock in 4x pieces and the bluing damaged from the salty mud!
                  I have managed to get another stock for rifle and also get the 8x56kahles scope rust blued!
                  Attached Files
                  Oh dear, how sad....never mind.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    did you cry? i wouldve cried lol

• Snag
                    Snag commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I loved that scope on my .17 Rem /Rem.

I wish I still had it. Kahles must have sold zillions of them.
                Working...
                X