Browning BL22 trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning BL22 trigger

Hi all, I recently got myself a BL22 as a gun to introduce the kids to shooting as well as a bit of fun for me. Great rifle, top quality, excellent finish BUT I need a come-a-long tho pull the trigger :S

OK it's not that bad, but the trigger does need a hefty pull, which isn't helping with accuracy or confidence in the kids ability to shoot. Is there an 'owner fix' for this or is it back to the gun shop?

Welcome to the world of Lever Guns. The BL22 is a great little rifle but I agree with you about the trigger. With mine I had it done by a proper gunsmith and it is great.
    I have seen that there are instructions somewhere about doing it yourself but don't remember just where.
    Don't give up as they are worth it.
    I have been after a used one for my son but most wanted almost new price so I sold him mine and have ordered a grade 2 with octagonal barrel.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Jim

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, thanks for the reply. At least I know something can be done.
      I fear a lot of useful info may have disappeared with the old site.

• moofy07
      moofy07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey OF,
      Where did you get the trigger done, as I would like to get my BL22 smoothed over.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-622357.html&amp&

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/rimfire-rifles-sponsored-by-henry-repeating-arms/browning-bl22-info/?PHPSESSID=lpld2hqif63ms2qdtodsfk4le0

http://sealnet.com/bl22fieldservicemanual/

The above links may help if you want to have a go at doing it yourself.

Comment

Mine was done by Allan at Pine Rivers in Brisbane.

Jim

Comment

Thanks guys, I don't think it's a job I'll be taking on myself. I'll see what my LGS can do (on warranty I hope).

Comment

• cek1730
          cek1730 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you really believe this is a warranty issue and its fair and reasonable to expect them to alter your rifle for free?

Originally posted by tinytim" post=5774
        Hi all, I recently got myself a BL22 as a gun to introduce the kids to shooting as well as a bit of fun for me. Great rifle, top quality, excellent finish BUT I need a come-a-long tho pull the trigger :S

OK it's not that bad, but the trigger does need a hefty pull, which isn't helping with accuracy or confidence in the kids ability to shoot. Is there an 'owner fix' for this or is it back to the gun shop?
        Can I just ask how old are the kids and how do they go with the rifles length and weight. I was thinking of one for my son as well who is 9yrs old. He's a tad on the small side though.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Ratchet" post=8495
          Originally posted by tinytim" post=5774

Can I just ask how old are the kids and how do they go with the rifles length and weight. I was thinking of one for my son as well who is 9yrs old. He's a tad on the small side though.
          Sorry for the delay. I would say the BL22 would be as good as any of the 22 levers. I looked at a few and they all seems shorter than the bolt actions. I'd say the advantage the Browning has, is the short throw on the lever. Even a small hand can deal with this. The trigger moves with the lever as well so no chance of trapping fingers when closing the action.
          Definitely worth getting your hands on one to see for yourself.

My mate has one and we thought over time/use the trigger would become lighter though this hasn't happened so he is doing a trigger job on it himself, he mentioned grinding past and polishing, I will find out more at the next weekends shoot to see if he has had any success.
        Oh by the way might be a good idea not mentioning kids ages related to shooting activities as we know years ago who gave a rats backside for the age of kid learning to shoot, this day and age to many eyes on what we do and the minimum age to learn shooting is 12, personally I think if they are big enough to be able to hold a rifle then lets start teaching them early, I learnt at the ripe old age of 7 with me Dad teaching and an old single shot 22 lithgow or Anshult

Comment

I think I had my first shot out of single shot 22 when I was 4 years old. I thought 12 was the age for a junior licence not necessarily when they can learn how to shoot. Some people won't be happy until we wrap all of the kids in cotton wool and stuff them in a cupboard until they hit 18.

Comment

• andyjm79
            andyjm79 commented
            Editing a comment
            Might be slightly useful!

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=670138
        Working...
        X