Clear All

• My Xmas Present To Myself

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-12-19.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	55932
    Hi all,

Had been wanting a new rifle of late and was unsure as to what I exactly wanted.. Until I walked into my local shop this morning..

Picked up a new Marlin 336 in Stainless. Calibre is .3030 win and 20 inch barrel. Seems to cycle really well and can't wait to sight her in for my next trip west at end of January.

Cheers

Dan

Noice! Good to see the good folk at the QGE keeping you happy. Are you going to upgrade the factory sights?
    "Love the bush for its own sake and you will never have an unsuccessful hunt".

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      lol - you picked the store.. Yeah i'm already looking for a rail and either a red dot or a small scope for pig shooting.

That's exactly what I will buy myself for Xmas when my funds come through. Did they have it in stock? How much? They are a nice looking gun. The pigs will die without too much pain. Congrats, Carl

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Carl, I think I got the last one though they had a couple of the blued versions there in .3030.

Was just over a grand mate.

Good ones
    Everyone should have at least one 30-30 lever action
    [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
    [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
    [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
    [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
    [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Congrats on a nice rifle

Hope that's not the finger on the trigger though...
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys. Have pulled her down and given a good look over for any roughness and all seems well. All cleaned and ready for some rounds Soon.

Hope that helps mate its been bloody good mate for the price compared to a aim-point red dot if i hade the cash i would buy aim-point but it would look better on my BLR browning ya wont go wrong with the vortex spac i also use the leverloution ammo by hornady 160gr flex-tip there pretty accurate for a 30/30 they are costly but what isnt,just dont waste em

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Archie" post=44891
        Hope that helps mate its been bloody good mate for the price compared to a aim-point red dot if i hade the cash i would buy aim-point but it would look better on my BLR browning ya wont go wrong with the vortex spac i also use the leverloution ammo by hornady 160gr flex-tip there pretty accurate for a 30/30 they are costly but what isnt,just dont waste em
        Hey mate if you attached a pic it didn't work

Well done mate, looks fantastic - just so happens to be the exact same rifle next on my shopping list! There's a Rossi Rio Grande .30-30 stainless at the local gun shop which is nice and cycles well (and cheap-er), but I don't think I could forgive myself if I succumbed and didn't hold out for the 336!

Looking forward to a review and some action photos. Enjoy your Christmas present.

Comment

Sorry about the pic's not working mate the iphone has gone mental dont know why

Comment

Had to wait for the iPad I've also been looking in to Vxr pig plex
          Attached Files

Comment

• Boner101
            Boner101 commented
            Editing a comment
            The marlin 336 is what I'm looking at for my first gun. There is just something about a lever 30-30 that does it for me. Merry Christmas and good shooting.

Well Dan I did it too,

My funds came through and I went to a large nice gun shop north of Brissie and got myself a 336C. The owner thought at first they had none in stock but a sales guy found a brand spanking new one on the rack. I bought it and just did my pta online when I came home. Should be able to pick it up in a week or so.
          Carl

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Qlander" post=47639
            Well Dan I did it too,

My funds came through and I went to a large nice gun shop north of Brissie and got myself a 336C. The owner thought at first they had none in stock but a sales guy found a brand spanking new one on the rack. I bought it and just did my pta online when I came home. Should be able to pick it up in a week or so.
            Carl
            Nice one Carl.
        Working...
        X