Still Waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waiting

Anyone else suffering from extended PTA wait by NSWFAR lately?
    I've got a spankin shiny new 94 Winchester 30/30 waiting for me at the LGS. The money in my pocket and no freaking PTA!!! it's been 4 weeks and 2 weeks since they took my money and still no PTA.

My last few took about 10 days and I'm getting a little antsy about it all.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

I am waiting on a permit (not a PTA) it been over 3 months.

Comment

Well, let's see eh...I posted an A/B PTA off last Thurs. All previous have taken between 10-12 days, as you said several

Hope to hell its not the 'new norm', but then with FAR anything's possible

Comment

• Omega_Rifles
        Omega_Rifles commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by zhuk" post=319
        Well, let's see eh...I posted an A/B PTA off last Thurs. All previous have taken between 10-12 days, as you said several

Hope to hell its not the 'new norm', but then with FAR anything's possible
        We went through this in QLD in 2011 / 2012 where PTA's were taking 3 months plus ....

Now though around 10 ish days .

Feel your pain NSW Lafo's the 3 month pta wait seems to be happening to you guys now

Ok......4 weeks now.
      FFS, what's the hold up?

Comment

So that's (roughly) double the time PTAs took previously then, several. Who the hell knows

I'm due to pay the final balance on a rifle (which has gotta be transferred interstate) in the next week or so...so just as well my preferred LGS doesn't charge for weekly storage

Comment

Is anyone else in NSW waiting extraordinarily long for a PTA or is just me?

Comment

Update for ya several

PTA posted Aug 29
            Received (so FAR said) Sep 3
            Approved (pretty clever, since its tomorrow lol) Sep 7
            Will be posted Monday / Sep 9

Guess I could get it Wed so Sep 11. Will make that 13 days in total. Fits with all the other Cat A/Bs I've had (10-12 days)

No idea what's up with yours mate

Comment

I wish mine would only take 4 weeks.
              Wait until they start holding your PTA's so they can send you a letter instead asking why you need another 1-2, , that you then have to reply to before your PTA's continue on
              “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Well you will insist on having a vault Morgo :lol:

Comment

• Morgo
                  Morgo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=595
                  Well you will insist on having a vault Morgo :lol:
                  We all have a weakness

:lol: :lol:

Finally got em both on Friday. Now to get away from work early enough to pick it up.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by several" post=733
                  Now to get away from work early enough to pick it up.
                  News?
                  Well did ya get it, did ya get it, ha, ha? :lol:
                  Or are you too busy at the range to post?

Mick

• Jason Lefty
                  Jason Lefty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by several" post=733

Finally got em both on Friday. Now to get away from work early enough to pick it up.
                  Gratz mate, how is she?

Haven't picked her up yet, soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by several" post=314
                  I've got a spankin shiny new 94 Winchester 30/30 waiting for me at the LGS. The money in my pocket and no freaking PTA!!! it's been 4 weeks and 2 weeks since they took my money and still no PTA.

My last Cat B PTA (which went on an old Winchester 94 in 30/30; very jealous about your new Miroku-built one!) arrived in the mail on Monday, and the application for it was posted off 10 days prior. Sooo, deducting 2-3 days in postal delays and a 2-day weekend (I'm assuming FAR don't work weekends) it looks like they're turning them around in about 5 working days ATM.

Apparently there is a long delay for Cat H PTAs right now as there's only one person who handles the handgun ones and they're reportedly getting hundreds of applications a day at the moment (evidentially people are getting antsy about all the talk by the Greens about banning them so they're getting their applications in now), however seeing as yours is a Cat B I'd be getting onto FAR ASAP to see what the hold-up is.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Although Tassie's 28-day wait on all PTAs is daft, FAS do get them processed on time with the envelope sitting in your mailbox within the month.

Sent from the mobile version of the site while standing in line at Service Tasmania with another 3 PTA applications

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by GSR" post=1960
                    Originally posted by several" post=314

My last Cat B PTA (which went on an old Winchester 94 in 30/30; very jealous about your new Miroku-built one!) arrived in the mail on Monday, and the application for it was posted off 10 days prior. Sooo, deducting 2-3 days in postal delays and a 2-day weekend (I'm assuming FAR don't work weekends) it looks like they're turning them around in about 5 working days ATM.

Apparently there is a long delay for Cat H PTAs right now as there's only one person who handles the handgun ones and they're reportedly getting hundreds of applications a day at the moment (evidentially people are getting antsy about all the talk by the Greens about banning them so they're getting their applications in now), however seeing as yours is a Cat B I'd be getting onto FAR ASAP to see what the hold-up is.
                    Yeah I'm finding 10-12 days for Cat A/B has been standard for me from Jan 2012 to the present. 3 1/2 weeks for my last Cat H, so I was told it has to be "done by hand, and we have to contact your club," not sure if that is the case but that's what I was told by FAR.

I got my PTA's turned around in the mandatory 28+postage days as they are my first.

No complaints here.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here in the USA, a few states have waiting periods of around 5 days to pick up a firearm after purchase. But if you want the big toys,(full auto) you have to get federal approval, pay a $200 buck tax stamp, and then wait....and wait....and more waiting, about 6 months total. Then you are allowed to take possession of your new toy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bren-Gun-Bren-A164294.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	21620

Name:	mg3_pak.jpg
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	21621

Name:	Thompson-Model-1928A1-B164171.jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	21622

Name:	UZI-9MM-IMI-A161337.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	21623

My last 4 have all taken 14-15 days to get back, no matter if it's express post there, money order or credit card payment. My old man on the other hand always gets his 4-5 days before me. He is a pensioner and therefore doesn't have to pay the $30 fee.
                  It would appear that the payment process slows it down, but that's no excuse to how quick I use to get them.

Comment

Damn. Nice toys commando!

Could I wait 6 months to get a full-auto?

Yeah, I think maybe I could Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X