Rossi 92 Lee Spring kit install & stock refinish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossi 92 Lee Spring kit install & stock refinish

Well after a lot of trepidation I finally got around to installing the Lee Spring Kit in my '92.
    The install of the spring went without a hitch, except for the ejector collar richoceting off the wall, luckily I found it.
    While I had the old girl apart I decided to get rid of the factory red dye on the woodwork using the hot water soak method, and finished it off with liberal coats of Tung Oil.

The drama began when I tried to re-install the for-end stock barrel strap screw.
    After more than a few hours of cursing and swearing at at the damn screw and relieving all the hole openings etc to get that fine threaded screw started, I was almost ready to give up, when I noticed a large amount of day light betweeh the ban and the barrel, indicating it had "sprung" out of shape but in a final burst of inspiration I decided to give the strap a good old whack with a plastic hammer which seated the band snugly against the barrel, and well bugger me the screw went straight back in, no problemo.
    So lesson learned.
    When in doubt use a hammer, or a bigger hammer whichever is needed.
    The Lee Spring Kit definitely makes the action a lot smoother and gives a nice light trigger pull as well.
    I also shortened the standard magazine spring by about two inches and machined up a stainless steel mag tube follower to replace the crappy plastic original.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RossiM921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	54772

Name:	RossiM923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	54773

Name:	RossiM92.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	54774
    He who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Many things have been developed by persons who were not smart enough to realize that they were impossible.

Nice job.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your spring kit from?

I tried Brownells in the US but got knocked back based on lack of an export licence.

Comment

• Dingo745
      Dingo745 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Stan 66" post=43277
      Nice job.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your spring kit from?

I tried Brownells in the US but got knocked back based on lack of an export licence.
      I got my kit a little while back from Clea...s in QLD.
Working...
X