• aimpoint or scope ?

So now i have a rail on my Rossi M92

Click image for larger version

Name:	44mag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	53258

witch way should i go aim point or scope

Scope going to be cheaper but Aimpoints going to be a lot better for the type of shooting i use it for

The main use for it would be pigs and goats out to 50-100m max in pretty hilly country
    my bolt or my pump would be my main rifle the .44 more of a backup or to let friends use

H34S Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot....this is on my .30-06....great scope.

Name:	DSC_0102_2013-12-12.JPG
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	53261
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• Adrian-XI
      Adrian-XI commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you get the mount from? Did you get is as part of the "PR Mount" pack or on its own?

the problem with a scope is finding one with enough eye relief as it has to be mounted pretty far forward so i haven’t found anything

Comment

• Sambar Country
      Sambar Country commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Rat man407" post=41670
      the problem with a scope is finding one with enough eye relief as it has to be mounted pretty far forward so i haven’t found anything
      Aimpoint eye relief is unlimited....no chance of getting clobbered by the scope even if you get slack. No parallax error....just keep both eyes open, put the red dot on the target and shoot. The bullet will hit where the red dot is.

If you can afford a aim point and have other scoped rifles I'd recommend one also they are a little expensive thou but good value for money . They are considered better than open sights and I'd imagine good for spotlighting too .
    I have this one
    Aimpoint® Micro H-1

Easy to carry and fast to aim
    Small enough to be used anywhere you could put iron sights, these sights can be used on any type of firearm or archery equipment:
    A lightweight rifle with an H-1 Micro mounted on it remains a lightweight rifle!

A hunting revolver with an H-1 Micro installed remains as easy to carry as with iron sights and is much faster to aim.

On a bow, the parallax free H-1 Micro eliminates the need for a peep, allowing you to shoot accurately in lower light.

Unique features of the Micro H-1
    Lightweight – 84 g without mount and 105 g with mount
    Integral Weaver-style base allows easy attachment
    ACET technology allows 50,000 hours of operation on one battery
    Available in 2 dot sizes (2 and 4 MOA)
    Fully waterproof
    Patent pending mount is keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil
    Precision adjustment for windage and elevation: top of protective caps fits into holes on adjustment screws – no other tool required
    12 settings for use in daylight and low light conditions

Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights
    Unlimited field of view
    Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief
    Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
    Rugged, durable construction
    No hazardous materials
    No laser emission that could be harmful to your eyes
    Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
    Increased aiming confidence

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Aimpoint ...... i am a big fan and have one on my 336 marlin. It just works !

Mate you should have looked at a picatinny rail over a weaver if you want to chuck an aimpoint on top
      Just my opinion!

ohh go the AIMPOINT !!!!!!!

Go the red dot.

Here's my 336 with a $160 Bushnell red dot. It's small, unobtrusive, fast and easy to use. But most importantly accurate.

Name:	20130622_110010b.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	53338

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you considered a Leupold Delta Point? The Delta Point would also tick your boxes only issue will be more expense.

Dawn or dusk they work just fine....it's all about the field of view. I took my Meopta Meostar R1 4-16X44 off my .30-06 and put it on a .204. To much magnification for the area I hunt in with the .30-06. Immediately brought the Aimpoint, put that on the .30-06 and will never change it.

Comment

Have a look at the Vortex SPARC. 1x red dot with 2x screw in multiplier, parallax free past 25m, small, light, adjustable brightness, accurate, $200. Goes great on my .44
      http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/lever-action/3462-marlin-1894

Comment

• Archie
        Archie commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by AusLach" post=41837
        Have a look at the Vortex SPARC. 1x red dot with 2x screw in multiplier, parallax free past 25m, small, light, adjustable brightness, accurate, $200. Goes great on my .44
        http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/lever-action/3462-marlin-1894
        go the sparc mate if your worried about the money ive got one on my marlin 336 cant fault it.

Going back to your original post, if you intend to use at distances from 50 - 100 m I would recommend the OKO red dot reflex sight 2 MOU I used it for some time on a 7600 great results.

Comment

Aimpoint Micro H1 or Vortex Sparc will go straight on the Rossi Rail.

I've got a 2 Moa H1 on my Rossi, father has a Vortex Sparc.

Both very fast to use and excel at both eyes open running game shots, you'll have fun with a fast departing mob of pigs.

I paid around $550 for the aimpoint and in my opinion it's a better unit than the Sparc. Very easy to turn on and you can turn the brightness of the dot down to nothing or up to allow you to see it in the blazing sun. You'll never wash the dot out with bright light. I find the tube type red dots better to use than the reflex open type red dots. I've experienced glare off the glass on a few occasions with deltapoints etc when the suns in the wrong position.

The aimpoint is bulletproof and has outstanding battery life measured in years not hours.

With the 2moa dot turned down it's precise enough to headshoot bunnies at 100m.

Comment

• Rat man407
          Rat man407 commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Dino67" post=41920
          With the 2moa dot turned down it's precise enough to headshoot bunnies at 100m.
          with a .44mag it doesn't seem to matter where i shoot a rabbit i can never find it after

Yes, a 250gr projectile at 1900fps from a 45 Colt takes no prisoners either.

Comment

• Robar
          Robar commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Dino67" post=42108
          Yes, a 250gr projectile at 1900fps from a 45 Colt takes no prisoners either.
          Have I read this wrong

I have both an Aimpoint T1, and a Docter Mini-redo dot.
        Another comnparitive point between a solid unit like an Aimpoint, and a holographic sight like the small mini-red dots, is how dust and mud can affect the dot.

The Aimpoint is a sealed unit. Get mud and dust on it, and you just wipe the lens off and she's good to go. It has the LED emitter completely sealed up.

The holographic sights, like my Doctor, have an external emitter, that has an increased chance of collecting dirt and crap. It's happened to me once.

To compare the two: the Docter is nice, but it's not a patch on the T1.
        I have a friend in America who works as a rep for Aimpoint, and he actually showed me how those blokes treat their sights. They regularly dismount them from the rifle, and throw them across the parking lot/range area, landing on concrete! Except for a few scuffs, the sights are still fully functional and maintain zero.

The weakest link in the equation is the mount.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Forward!
        Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by 22F" post=42192

The weakest link in the equation is the mount.
          definately agreed there, one of my mates took a fall down the side of a steep hill and landed optic first , destroyed the mount but the aimpoint was fine

[email protected], he's lucky mate.
        I had an unerring ability to find creek lines and other features at night by landing on my head into them.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Forward!

Comment

Aimpoint...and Trijicon produce two lines of scopes. Military and hunting applications. These are the best line of low mag scopes you can get. Don't stuff around with the cheap shit.

Comment

• Snag
            Snag commented
            Editing a comment
            Sambar is spot on.

Cheap crap ruins a good hunt.

Spew lots or cry once.

Hell yeah mate.
          Buy once, cry once. Or forever be crying as you keep having to replace cheap crap.

I kind of like having my gear over-engineered and able to be passed onto my children, or out survive me in the Apocalypse!
          Forward!

Comment

I just took my H2 Micro Aimpoint off my 45/70 because the dot was blurred. I thought it was my eyes because I now need reading glasses and the Aimpoint has no dioptre adjustment.

However it's just been sent back to the distributor because the retailer (who does not wear reading glasses) also had a problem with it. I have put a scope on the 45/70 but have not used it yet. I'm hoping that the Aimpoint is indeed faulty because the red dot is, in my opinion, the fastest target acquisition and EXACLTY what I want in a scrub busting lever.

Comment

Working...
            X