300 AAC Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 AAC Blackout

It's not really a lever action but I will be taking charge of a Harrington and Richardson (H&R) Handi Rifle but it breaks open, it is in 300 AAC Blackout.
    It was the calibre that took my interest it is basically a blown out 221 Fireball to 30 calibre.
    The rifle will be a great (I hope) back pack rifle when I go bush on a property a friend managers. I found I can get cases for it but they are about $70 for 50 cases. I have some 221 fireball cases and have stretched them out to 30 calibre, they worked out to exact specs for the 300 Blackout. I have one of those small cut off machines so I will be converting 223 cases to 300 Blackout.
    I have tried 222 cases and they seem ok but you have to stretch it to 30 calibre and then trim, whereas the 223 is cut off and then formed to 30 cal and trimmed to length.
    All in all I am looking forward to working on the 300 blackout project.
    When I get further into it I will do a small write up on the rifle, the calibre and making cases for the little rifle.
    45-70 Government. The only Government I trust........................Period.

THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS.

Quite a good session on 300BLK here http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/rifles-bolt-action-centre-fire/1217-300-blackout-bolt-action

Comment

• moofy07
      moofy07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that 2208mate.

Looking forward to your thoughts and experiences with this round Moofy.
    I think .300 Blackout offers some interesting possibilities for a rifle that was originally chambered in 5.56/.223.

I'm actually thinking of a Remington 7615 re-chambered to .300 Blackout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

• moofy07
      moofy07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 22F" post=35684
      Looking forward to your thoughts and experiences with this round Moofy.
      I think .300 Blackout offers some interesting possibilities for a rifle that was originally chambered in 5.56/.223.

I'm actually thinking of a Remington 7615 re-chambered to .300 Blackout.
      Hi 22F,
      Yeah, it was the cartridge that tweaked my interest also, :P I will be doing some work in the new year on the rifle and ammo so I will let you blokes know how it goes.
Working...
X