Browning BLR .243 twist rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning BLR .243 twist rate

I've just put a deposit on a pistol grip wood blued 20" BLR has anyone used/had one I'm thinking of using 70 to 80gr ammo any info would be good. Cheers

A fine carbine - fast, accurate and slick. The only thing I have a complain about is the trigger. Some members here will tell you it can be improved. Sweet little rifle.
    The light bullets will work most of the time. Heavier bullets are a little more reliable but go with what your rifle shoots best.
    If you're going through hell, keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by MrCarbine" post=16602
      A fine carbine - fast, accurate and slick. The only thing I have a complain about is the trigger. Some members here will tell you it can be improved. Sweet little rifle.
      The light bullets will work most of the time. Heavier bullets are a little more reliable but go with what your rifle shoots best.
      I have improved the trigger pull on a BLR carefully using a dremel on the hammer and sear as well as polishing up a few other internals. Pulled it down from 8lb to 3.5lb. The Scary stories about getting the timing right on reconstruction are a little over done, I am no gunsmith and had no problems.

The 1 in 14" twist rate makes good work of the lighter projectiles including 55gr up to 75 or 80gr.

Beyond that you can get key holing, so 90-100 gr projectiles for pigs are a problem.

Comment

Working...
    X