broken lifter on a 94 win 45lc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken lifter on a 94 win 45lc

so i managed to snap the lifter playing western action and need a new one. anybody got any ideas on finding one without putting it into the local for a good few weeks?

Managed to do the same thing playing the same game with mine only mine is .357. I took it out and brazed it together and it has lasted about 5000 rounds .
    Now the ejector has broken. Don't hold your breath waiting for parts.

Jim

Comment

Sorry I am not able to help out guys, but I am wondering if this might be common for the later pistol calibre '94s.
      I saw a 357 trapper with a broken lifter at my dealer/gunsmiths just the other day.

Comment

This is fairly common in the early model Trappers and Trails end. Seems to happen to pistol calibres.

Ejectors are another problem . Also on the .357 the cartridge stop is another .

The BIGGEST is the difficulty in getting parts. Midwest Gunworks have them but won't ship to Australia.

Homestead have some and seem to be getting more parts and are great to deal with.

Jim

Comment

Is it typically difficult to get parts for american guns in Australia? If that's the case, I wouldn't mind helping out. I can see what one costs here, and the shipping cost to OZ, and see if that cost is acceptable to you.

Mike

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be great, sorry can't reply to pm. My whole webpage just shuts down on my phone. If you could let me know how much for a lifter to suit a 94 anniversary (1894-1994) 45 long colt trapper it would be much appreciated.

Another good site for lever action parts is Homestead firearms. They are in Tuscon Arizona and are great to deal with.

While they don't have a lifter for your gun at the moment ,they might be able to get it for you.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X