Walther P22Q Tactical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walther P22Q Tactical

The Walther P22Q Tactical are longer being advertised as "Club Legal" at a certain shop.

I believe this may answer Marty Mosters questions about the barrel length..

Guess that answers the question then, after reading the regs for QLD there really was no way they were compliant.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Still advertised the same guys
      States 127mm barrel on their walther page and states club legal on the specials page.
      Jade sent me ll the legal info to show why it's legal and why customs pass the etc.
      "shoot straight shoot quick"
      Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well hope he does not get locked up,

I wrote to W/L in Bris and was told unless the compensator was welded on the gun would not comply to be used for for pistol club shooting.

I think perhaps the gun shop should write to W/L in Brisbane and see what the reply is.

Mr......

Section 132(10)(b) of the Weapons Act 1990 requires that a person holding a concealable firearms licence for pistol club use can only for a semi automatic handgun, use one that has a barrel length no less than 120mm, unless the overall length of the weapon is at least 250mm. For the purpose of measuring the barrel, a barrel compensator welded to the barrel can be included in the total length of the barrel.

(name removed)

Sergeant

Weapons Licensing

Oh he'll guys yr scaring shit out of me.

Just emailed c.l.e.a.v.e.r.s to get order changed to a 5" all black model. Can't risk it!!!

Thanks for keeping at me guys

Comment

Yeah, it's not worth your licence..

Comment

Has anyone removed the compensator and measured it without?? It could be fine..

Comment

• Morgo
            Morgo commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Dan R" post=9814
            Has anyone removed the compensator and measured it without?? It could be fine..
            Nope cause its under length

You can check on the manufactures website though, its not even close.

Def not. Barrel is only 3.4" with out comp. which is why I was concerned. They have said its fine for me to have a 5" version instead, but now I'm thinking other wise, maybe a sig/gsg 1911 , maybe the "colt" /"walther" 22 1911, they don't have any 22/45s unless i get an a expensive tac sol 22/45, ,,,,,not gonna happening. Now I'm all confused.

whats yr thoughts guys.already have money paid, so if I bail full stop ilmbe charge $25 fee, so should I get someng e,SE they have or cop the $25 fee!?

Comment

• Morgo
            Morgo commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Martymonster" post=10154
            Def not. Barrel is only 3.4" with out comp. which is why I was concerned. They have said its fine for me to have a 5" version instead, but now I'm thinking other wise, maybe a sig/gsg 1911 , maybe the "colt" /"walther" 22 1911, they don't have any 22/45s unless i get an a expensive tac sol 22/45, ,,,,,not gonna happening. Now I'm all confused.

whats yr thoughts guys.already have money paid, so if I bail full stop ilmbe charge $25 fee, so should I get someng e,SE they have or cop the $25 fee!?
            I'd skip the p22/1911 .22 options in favour of a Ruger, its a far better built handgun. If they don't have any you can always cop the small loss and buy a like new used one elsewhere.
            Or you could put the dollars towards other gear, extra mags for the Coonan or one of the 9mms you want in your sig...

I dont mind the look of the Sig 1911/22 (Factory Cam Option) or you could get the G17/22 and you would be able to stick in a Roni or hera if your state allows.

Comment

Walther P22Q is fully club legal in most states, it is especially fitted with the longer 5" barrel to suit our rules
            [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
            [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
            [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
            [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
            [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

• Morgo
              Morgo commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Shooting Sports" post=10195
              Walther P22Q is fully club legal in most states
              Only the 5" version.

Grumps not sure where you get your info but this is not my first hanggun, it's my 5th!

Morgs yr deff right, but it's more for my wife to use than me. She doesn't really like the 9mm recoil, wants something softer she can enjoy more.
            I have definite thought ofnthe older ruger option. GCSS has two old mark 1 22/45s for $300. They are fairly tired looking but I guess all parts are replaceable! Especially if i Was to add on tac sol. And valquartson bits.

Morgs I think u may have the answer.

Thinking thinking thinking!

MM

Comment

Browning buckmarks are a good .22 as well if you can't find a good Ruger.
              “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Morgo" post=10359
                Browning buckmarks are a good .22 as well if you can't find a good Ruger.
                But they're butt ugly. What about a gsg or sig 1911 22? The walther is good for small hands though.

My wife doesnt like the recoil either so she got herself an open gun... It doesnt move, not even with 9gr of AP100

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	26971

Cost a bit more then a .22lr though

Comment

Nice example of a Buckmark on UG now for $500

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=23913

Comment

• codebasher
                  codebasher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My first handgun was a Walther P22Q with 5" barrel. Great little gun.

I found the buckmark and the ruger both to be butt ugly. I like a gun to be pleasing to the eye as well as functional.

Buckmarks are very good shooters as are Rugers. Probably bit better in the accuracy side than GSGs or the SIGs

Comment

• TRE
                  TRE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=10576
                  Buckmarks are very good shooters as are Rugers. Probably bit better in the accuracy side than GSGs or the SIGs
                  I would agree with that! If you wanted an accurate 1911 style .22lr you would have to get something like an Advantage Arms/ Bob Marvel top end. The barrel is screwed to the slide release and this fixes it in position.

I have a Advantage Arms Target Model and it will group under 1" at 25m with CCI"s.

Or even one of the older Ruger 22/45s with a '1911' grip angle and commensurate slide release/safety placements,.

Comment

Working...
                X