X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question about QLD handgun licence

Just got my AB license.

I joined the SSAA @ belmont rifle range a while ago now

Do i need to fill the "QP 0515 Application for statement of eligibility to join an approved Pistol Shooting Club" and take it to ssaa or does it actually have to be a pistol only club like metro or city of Brisbane?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section?

You don't need QP515 if you already have an AB licence

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Kevin" post=7627
      You don't need QP515 if you already have an AB licence
      Yep what he said. Even though its an A/B licence you'll still need to take it with you to the pistol club each time you go to be able to sign the range attendance register and shoot.

Come over the other side of the Belmont Complex!! Come have a look at Metro or QMRC awesome bunch of blokes

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the process to get handgun licence and then purchase a handgun of my own...

Can someone break down the process as simply as possible, I am BNE based as well so thought id ask in here.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by mitso" post=11080
        Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the process to get handgun licence and then purchase a handgun of my own...

Can someone break down the process as simply as possible, I am BNE based as well so thought id ask in here.
        If you have an AB license already then....

- Join Club

- Shoot Minimum 3 matches within 6 months of joining - shoots will be recorded in your Attendance Book that YOU carry with you and get signed off each time you shoot.(the club might have additional or varied requirements in addition to this - eg, separate club safety course to shoot at Their club, orientation attendances, etc,. as part of the joining process of That club)

- Do handgun Safety Course and get Cert for it.

- After 6 months of Membership you can apply to weapons licensing. With your Handgun application must include a copy of Handgun Safety Cert, copy of Attendance record, and letter from Club president endorsing you getting a H license.

- Wait
    Working...
    X