And the old forum is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the old forum is gone...

Just went to have a look and there are a couple of posts from Superfluid explaining what happened

Already several posts here on the topic

Comment

Thanks. I'm a bit slow off the mark! And I only look in the Handgun section - rifles don't do it for me

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I can understand why they blocked me from using the name of the local gun shop.
        Well I won't be shopping there anymore that's for sure.

It didn't end well for anybody in the end!

What a pitty...

Comment

The old forum is gone and with it any chance that cleavers will ever see one cent of my hard earned. I for one will be giving them all a call on the phone and letting them know what a pisspeeweak effort it was on theyre behalf.

Comment

• thelastword
          thelastword commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by beerhog" post=4998
          The old forum is gone and with it any chance that Nameless will ever see one cent of my hard earned. I for one will be giving them all a call on the phone and letting them know what a pisspeeweak effort it was on theyre behalf.
          Jesus, some of you blokes just don’t get it.

Mentioning dealerships by name is exactly what got shooting.com.au in the shit.

You can’t go defaming businesses by name. Sure, you’re doing it from a position of anonymity, but the site’s still left with it’s arse hanging in the breeze if they allow people to slag-off such and such.

Without resorting to name calling or profanity... I believe the whole situation could have been resolved a lot more amicably, and to the benifit of all parties.
        But it wasn't
        The shooting community have lost a valuable recource, and I have no doubt that TGSTMNBN (The Gun Shop That Must Not Be Named) has lost a lot of customers.
        How was this good for anybody? Going "legal" is almost always the worst option, and never works out how you want it to.

Jeez I hate lawyers sometimes

Col

Comment

I find it such a shame it's all come to this.

MM
          "shoot straight shoot quick"
          Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Comment

i personally haven't hand any bad experiences there but ya know the county is going down hill when some one can take legal action and destroy some ones life over comments on the internet

Comment

well all can say is RIP SHOOTING .COM.AU and thanks for all the good advice and giggles

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Iv just got off 'contact us' suggesting the rules include NOT naming a business at all, as sooner or later someone will put their foot in it.

CHEWTAH
                Commander
                Shooting.com.au

All I can say is wow, only learnt of the issues two days ago, and here I am....kinda speechless actually.

Comment

Freedom of speech unfortunately is 'not' a right in this country, it is not in our constitution nor law, though it can be implied due to some actions that have gone to the supreme court. To me this is an issue of law [and an opinion from a layperson, this is not legal advice *rolls eyes*]. Of opinion, in our society, it is thought of that there's a line between what is defaming and what is opinion, unfortunately this is where law does not correlate. When you cannot have your say, it's hardly a 'fair go'.

Comment

it had a good run, live in the here and now =)
                  thanks!!

Comment

Shame to see it go but no point living in the past I guess
                    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• trumpychris
                      trumpychris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can I transfer my rep points? Haha

I was getting close to a thousand!
                  Working...
                  X