Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer 1911 - 22 New purchase!

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has a sig 1911-22?? (Or GSG whatever) Id like to know how they shoot! At the moment I shoot at a small club in Perth but would love to get into some other comps instead of just aiming for the bullseye and peppering paper.

I have just purchased one (just waiting for my 6 months probabtion to be up in Nov) I guess I'm just a fan of the 1911 shape and wanted one straight off the bat. I just wanted something to shoot cheaply to start off with! Hope I have made a decent decision! Had a hold of a Colt Gold Cup and compared it with the Sig. I guess I liked the full size of the sig compared to the (very slightly) smaller Colt.

Have a few pics of my new one from the shop will upload later!

Cheers

Blake85

This is my first post but figure it's as good a place as any. I just bought the sig 1911 22 as well as a cheap plinker. I know the Rugers and Brownings are better guns for the money but the sig has more of the fun factor IMO. I'm trying to find a way to order some after market parts like new guide rod, springs, barrel bushing etc from either zr tactical or cw accessories but they don't ship to Oz. hopefully the slide cracking issue is long past as well. I haven't even shot mine yet (picked it up three weeks ago) . Apparently the finish doesn't wear too well either so I might get it coated when it starts looking a bit rough.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmmmmm that last post makes the gun sound a bit dodgy doesn't it It does feel pretty solid in the hand though. The mags are a bit pricey. I just paid $70 for an extra mag.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Ratchet,

There is a guy who was selling a CW Accessories Stainless guide rod + power spring around in Brissy. I think he was looking for $35 for it. Not cheap, but he reckoned it was a mongrel to get into the country. I can try to get his email if you're interested.

The finish seems to be a bit rough on these .22 1911's otherwise they seem to shoot ok. Haven't heard of too many with serious issues here but I doubt they would last as long as a Ruger though...

The Colt version I had a play with felt a little more solid to me.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

I was thinking of the colt but ended up with the sig. I wonder if there's much difference in accuracy being that the colt has a fixed barrel (from memory).

Comment

I think the Sig 1911 .22 does have a fixed barrel.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah the barrel isn't fixed to the frame like the colt...you've got me thinking now. Have to pull it apart when I get home. I've barely touched it since I bought it. She'll get her first run tomorrow though

You'll have to double check but I think this one mentions that it may be

http://www.chuckhawks.com/sig_1911-22.htm

Comment

Just stripped her down. Now to change those grips too. Feels a bit odd being an Australian with a German gun that has US stamped grips.
          Attached Files

Comment

Alright so I shot the Sig for the first time today. Out of the box is was actually pretty good. My groupings sucked but that's pretty normal for me from 25 metres out. I used CCI mini mag HP with no FTF or FTE. I gave her a good cleaning first though. All up I shot 200 rounds through her and I'm quite impressed how reliable it was. I hope it keeps it up.

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys,

I cant pick mine up untill December, but have held it a few times. Had a direct comparison with the colt and the Sig, I think I just liked the full size feel (from what I understand the colt isnt a full size 1911 and the Sig is).

I liked the magazine with the Sig, nice and weighty seems solid. Mine comes with 2 mags, and I have seen a lot of vids and comparisons where the user was dissapointed that it didnt come with an extra mag. Im also pretty sure they have fixed the issues with the guide rod and sping. Will be chasing up some aftermarket sights for it when I get it and have already ordered some hogue grips. Will post some pics of the lil beast when I work out how to get them off my Ipone...hahaha

Blake85

Comment

I'd like to see the how the hogue grips look once they're on there. I'm pretty sure the colt was a standard 1911 government size. I know the Browning 1911 22 was something like 80% size of a 1911 which means a lot of parts weren't interchangeable. Have fun with it. At least you can shoot it all day long on the cheap.

Comment

I think the colt is a mixture of the M1911 and M1911A1 designs, frame and trigger noticibly.

Comment

• Chang739
                    Chang739 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Blake,

Where do you shoot in Perth?

Just wondering if its the same little club I shoot at

My rig.... Doesnt have the "US" grips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sig1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	28490

Click image for larger version

Name:	sig3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	28491

Comment

I have only had a quick play with the pistol in the shop, but you can already see the finish starting to come off around the slide stop groove on the slide. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up, dont have the greatest faith in the finish!

Comment

• Chang739
                    Chang739 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's interesting because I have found Sig's finishing to be top notch. Does the pistol mention whether or not it has "Nitron" finish or not?

I have one Sig with the nitron finish which refuses to come off... even with a LOT of holster use and accidental scrapings.

The other Sig is just bead-blasted stainless steel which has seen a similar amount of use and the points of contact with the holster have worn shiny. Oh and all the scratches show up in the light.

Other than that; Looks cool When I get enough money, I'll be in the market for a 1911. I want the most traditional one I can find (no beaver tail, etc). Still undecided as to whether I want it in .22LR or .38 super.

Give us a range report when you get your hands on it!

The Sig 1911 .22 like other 1911 .22s, i.e colt 1911 .22, are not made by Sig or Colt etc.

It won't have the finish of a real 9mm Sig.
                  Most of the new 1911 .22s seem to have finish issues, you can always have it redone in something like cerakote later on if it fails.

Comment

Good point Morgo. The M&P .22 (unavailable here) is made by Walther and is a totally different action (SA internal hammer) to its 9mm + counterparts. The slide is aluminium so may also possibly have wear issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X