Pac Lite upper's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac Lite upper's

Looking to pick up a Pac Lite upper for one of the Ruger 22/45's very soon, anyone have one?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

I like the one in this photo better!

Looks like it was professionally done with the front sight fitted and everything!

Lucky the stupid crooks didn't know all checked baggage gets scanned out of TAS.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/1759718/crime-syndicate-disrupted-police/

Comment

They were keen taking that on a plane
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Seems lots of guys in the US like them for suppressor hosts too

Comment

Having shot a few different handguns with suppressors in NZ and the States.
          .22 are really quiet, 45 are probably next then the 9s

The best of all you dont have to wear hearing protection. CF are still loud but not ear piercing..

Comment

It would be nice to have a shoot every now and then with out the need to wear hearing protection the whole time...

Comment

• TRE
              TRE commented
              Editing a comment
              I only use subs in my lever 22 so I dont have to put plugs in.

I remember when a mate who was rifle shooter came out to the pistol range, having shot .22 rifles before he didn't think there was any need for hearing protection with a .22 handgun.

Changed his mind pretty quick

Comment

• TRE
              TRE commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Morgo" post=2961
              I remember when a mate who was rifle shooter came out to the pistol range, having shot .22 rifles before he didn't think there was any need for hearing protection with a .22 handgun.

Yours would be fairly quiet with a 14ish barrel with subs if you complete the build..

• MrDoom
              MrDoom commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Morgo" post=2961
              having shot .22 rifles before he didn't think there was any need for hearing protection with a .22 handgun.

lol... too right, especially with a dozen going off at once.

Got one of these in the other day and they are crazy light, I wouldn't mind having a shot of one.

Comment

With a 14" barrel it would be getting close to a rifle

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Morgo" post=3778
                With a 14" barrel it would be getting close to a rifle

2" off an M44 Carbine barrel :lol:

Brownells sell them if you don't want to buy from the place on Qld. I'm bringing one in (with a frame as well) through PBA.
              Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

• Morgo
                Morgo commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Matt" post=7994
                Brownells sell them if you don't want to buy from the place on Qld. I'm bringing one in (with a frame as well) through PBA.
                I'd have though it might be a little more costly that way as I assume the guys up north import large batches of them.

A bare frame might be the go though...

Did you get the frame from Brownells as well?

Comment

• Matt
                Matt commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. Here's what I ordered (or rather, I had PBA order them for me).

• Pac-lite 6” threaded, black, unfluted (model # 100-011-121W
                • Ruger Mk111 Target frame with grip (model # 930-000-132W
                • Pac-lite compensator (model # 100-011-117W
                • Mag x 5 (model # 780-001-246W
                • Ruger Mk111 Speed Strip kit 3.2 (model # 941-000-006W

The target frame has the VQ trigger kit already fitted to it. From memory all of this was cheaper than what the store in Oz is selling their Pac-lites (standard frame, no VQ bits, only 2 mags and no speed strip kit) for.

Thats pretty good if you got it all for less than one of the tac sol handguns sold here.

I already have a few 22/45's which is what I want to use it on, I may look into the MKIII frame as well though later on.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                How does it work regarding importing the pac-lite barrel?
                So a dealer in nominated in the b709 (NSW) - which is also forwarded to brownells in a combo of docs for the ITAR export permit..

but dumb question - how do you get the barrel to the dealer - is it a simple as customs release it to the dealer address for registration/transfer to you.. or do they have to have someone physically pick up the item.. or.. :S

A question if you don't mind.

How much if the standard 22/45 frame etcmdoes the PAC light or tac sol parts require to complete a setup.
              I'm assuming frame and trigger assembly.
              The tac sol etc they are just muzzle, barrel slide and firing pin assembly?

So if you buy an old 22/45 that could have a shot barrel or bugger firing pin etc, as Lon as trigger group is fine, it will work with the tac sol / PAC light gear??.

Ta marty
              "shoot straight shoot quick"
              Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Comment

• Morgo
                Morgo commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Martymonster" post=23274
                A question if you don't mind.

How much if the standard 22/45 frame etcmdoes the PAC light or tac sol parts require to complete a setup.
                I'm assuming frame and trigger assembly.
                The tac sol etc they are just muzzle, barrel slide and firing pin assembly?

So if you buy an old 22/45 that could have a shot barrel or bugger firing pin etc, as Lon as trigger group is fine, it will work with the tac sol / PAC light gear??.

Ta marty
                I don't know if the MKI will work but MKII and MKIII's should be ok.

You need a complete frame, so basically buy a Ruger 22/45 MKII field strip it and swap the top end's over and you should be good to go.
            Working...
            X