Handgun Metallic Silhouette query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handgun Metallic Silhouette query

Ok, so the recent thread on .44 Mags has me confused. One post mentions ported barrels being not allowed for Met Sils but I've been through both the PA and SSAA sections on the rules and I can't find a mention of ported barrels anywhere.

I have an 8" .44 Mag Colt Custom Shop Anaconda that I'd like to use. It came from the factory with ported barrels. By my laymans reading of the rules I should be able to used this in either Production or Revolver (I've got no idea what it weighs) unless I've missed something (it is late).

Does anybody shoot Met Sils and can confirm what's correct?
    Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

http://www.ssaa.org.au/competition-info/stories/handgun-metallic-silhouette_may1.pdf

Comment

IHMSA Rule Book, section 10

Comment

Bugger

Guess I'll just have to go shopping!
        Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

Just use it and see if anyone cares..

Comment

nobody seemed to care at the practice match the other week. I'll keep using it for now but have been lusting after a Super Red Hawk now so that's on the shopping list once everybody comes back from holidays...

Comment

• Yoshie
              Yoshie commented
              Editing a comment
              No one is really going to care unless you start shooting at opens. That's were they'll weighing pistols and measuring triggers, etc.

Just shoot it, it's all about sending lead down range (safely of course)

BTW. Colts are a great gun. Wish I could afford one.

Personally I wouldn't care if I had to shoot for no score at an Open, as long as I got to have a go. Just wasn't sure if they'd let me in the door.

I nomally shoot IPSC and at least there the worst that can happen is getting bumped to Open (or maybe having your score not count).

Comment

Working...
            X