• Show
Clear All

• 44 Mag vs Chicken.... Drilled It!

Click image for larger version

Name:	44MagvsChicken.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	57771

I'm choosing to ignore the fact that I only connected with 1 shot out of 5 and am basking in the glory of a 50mtr freehand headshot.... just don't ask me to do it again!
    Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Originally posted by Matt" post=46398

I'm choosing to ignore the fact that I only connected with 1 shot out of 5 and am basking in the glory of a 50mtr freehand headshot.... just don't ask me to do it again!
    And from that day, he became known as "Chicken Sniper"...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Matt
      Matt commented
      Editing a comment
      it's also irrelevant that I was aiming somewhere above the center of the chicken as well

I'm pretty happy with 16 out of 40 for my first go at Met Sils practice (50 mtr, indoor). Was only the second time I've shot the pistol (8" custom shop Anaconda) and it's shooting 3-4 inches low at 50 which makes life interesting when the sights completely obscure the target...

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      That has to go into his sig "chicken sniper" well played.

• Xenedis
      Xenedis commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Oddball" post=46401
      And from that day, he became known as "Chicken Sniper"...
      Or Colonel Sanders…

Nice! Is that the Anaconda from Keystone Arms where my 2 came from? What loads are you using? Got any pics of the beast?

Comment

• Matt
      Matt commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Kav" post=46498
      Nice! Is that the Anaconda from Keystone Arms where my 2 came from? What loads are you using? Got any pics of the beast?
      yep, that's the one. Got it a while back but have been busy with the family lately so is only the second time I've taken it out.

I'm actually using loads you quoted from the old forum.This one was 10gn of AP70 behind a 240gn RNFP. I also load 18gn of 2400 behind the same but you were right, you know you're shooting 44Mag with that.

can't seem to load pics from the phone for some reason. Will put some up when i get home.

I've actually been looking for the post you had on the old forum re polishing your colts. Can seem to find it anywhere. You didn't save it did you? Might have a crack at mine over the holidays.

Keystone Arms has the best selection of Colts around by far. Yep Ive still been sticking to those loads. Im using 18.5gr of 2400 and as i said you really know your holding onto a 44mag. I must get a mold and start casting some Keith style projectiles for em

Heres a link to the polish i use. You can get Mothers Mag & Aliminum polish at super cheap auto

Comment

• Matt
      Matt commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Kav" post=46890
      Keystone Arms has the best selection of Colts around by far. Yep Ive still been sticking to those loads. Im using 18.5gr of 2400 and as i said you really know your holding onto a 44mag. I must get a mold and start casting some Keith style projectiles for em

Heres a link to the polish i use. You can get Mothers Mag & Aliminum polish at super cheap auto

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of.

Here's a couple of pics, not great but photography's not really my thing. I'll have to get stuck into the polish over the break and then take some more...

Name:	WP_20130605_001.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	58465

Name:	WP_20130605_002.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	58466

Looks like a turkey Matt lol

Harder to hit than a chicken :P

Comment

doh!

I thought the other target looked more like a chicken than this one but we shot this first which confused me

Besides, turkey sniper doesn't have the same ring to it
      Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

Well maybe not quite the same ring lol

But its still a far more challenging target (only shot MS rifle but the same deal applies I'd guess)

Comment

Working...
        X