Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZ SP-01 Aussie Shadow

Added an "Aussie Shadow" to safe today

I was going to get the standard Shadow until I tried the trigger on this one Much better than the standard Shadow, I changed my mind in 1/2 a second

It has the comp hammer, trigger upgrade, custom grips, mag bases, 4 mags, a couple sets of springs and bushes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4728.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	57316

Name:	IMG_4730.JPG
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	57317

Name:	IMG_4736.JPG
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	57318

Name:	IMG_4737.JPG
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	57319

Didn't get home in time to give it a clean and get to the range this avo

JB

Yep the CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Mate Australia (take a breath) is horn !

Don't know why the pics come out yellowish but it looks bright orange in person.
    Did you pick it up from Safari ?

Comment

Sure did, Had PTA's in hand today

Comment

Nice one, might have to get one
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Morgo" post=45965
          Nice one, might have to get one
          PBA have only done 100 of them, they sit in between the standard Shadow and the Orange

Damn, Random I never took you for a 'bling' kinda guy heh

I stand corrected!

Congrats on the purchase...must have hurt not to be able to take it out for an inaugural. And here I was thinking Shadows were self-cleansing lol

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=45966
          Damn, Random I never took you for a 'bling' kinda guy heh

I stand corrected!

Congrats on the purchase...must have hurt not to be able to take it out for an inaugural. And here I was thinking Shadows were self-cleansing lol
          You're welcome to have a play if your heading out to Mudgee again

Very flash indeed.
        I may have to 2 of these CZ's too.

Just so the other CZ doesn't become lonely.
        I wonder how I'll word that in a PTA, hmmm.

Thanks...

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Pity I've only just finished my safe handling coarse today... Id be all over one of these.

Nice one Random, looks great with those grips.
        Regards Peter.

Comment

Thanks mate, certainly getting up there for a 2012 Shadow. The TS is around the same price.
          “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Morgo" post=45992
            Thanks mate, certainly getting up there for a 2012 Shadow. The TS is around the same price.
            The sale discount at Safari this weekend definitely helped

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Morgo" post=45992
            Learner here... what is a TS ?

Looked it up.... tactical sport :lol:

If the postman had been kind and delivered my PTA's on Friday I would have popped in to Safari to pickup a new TS in .357 Sig and a tricked up Mk3 that Paul brought in for me.

Have gone a bit crazy and have orderd a 2012 as well. Hopefully they arrive before the PTA expires..
          Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

I was speaking to a gentleman at safari who was one of the two men there specifically selling the Aussie (CZ representatives i suppose, not affiliated with safari). He said that apparently the Aussie has the hand fitted barrel and slide too?

Though he may of just misspoken as we were talking quite a bit about the different variants.

Comment

• Matt
              Matt commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Baxis92" post=46137
              I was speaking to a gentleman at safari who was one of the two men there specifically selling the Aussie (CZ representatives i suppose, not affiliated with safari). He said that apparently the Aussie has the hand fitted barrel and slide too?

Though he may of just misspoken as we were talking quite a bit about the different variants.
              Well there's at least a 50% chance you were talking to Paul Britton (of PBA Imports, the importer) and you must have drifted onto the Shadow 2012 at some stage because that's the one with the hand fitted barrel & slide. Although we should probably rename it the Shadow 2014 because that's when it'll finally get here!

Was talking to Paul the other week and he mentioned that the factory might bring out another special next year (could have been the year after?). We joked that they should just be realistic and call it the Shadow 2016...

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, that was most likely Paul and yes the shadow mate does have the hand fitted barrel and slide.

As far as trigger upgrade goes I imagine the Aussie Shadow already comes with the 13lb mainspring (also a 11lb recoil spring with stainless steel recoil rod & buffer) installed which makes quite a noticeable difference bringing the hammer back in DA compared to the normally installed 16lb factory mainspring.

Comment

Nice pistola. I'd have to swap those grips out though. They remind me of my last Sunday morning chuck.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Ratchet" post=46189
                Nice pistola. I'd have to swap those grips out though. They remind me of my last Sunday morning chuck.
                I'd take 'em. My chucks are a completely different colour

I thought the Shadow came standard with 18 lb main and 14 lb recoil.

Damn I want. One!

Comment

I don't think so Zhuk... I have had dealings with CZ and they are one of the most erratic companies I have had the pleasure to deal with. You order 500 and they will send 2. Then you order 50 because that's all they say they have and they send them all ... plus a backorder of 300.

Good product, good price, frustrating as hell to deal with.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by whigger" post=46522
                  I don't think so Zhuk... I have had dealings with CZ and they are one of the most erratic companies I have had the pleasure to deal with. You order 500 and they will send 2. Then you order 50 because that's all they say they have and they send them all ... plus a backorder of 300.

Good product, good price, frustrating as hell to deal with.

No worries whigger, was just going by my experience of HS Produkt when I was looking for my first handgun (intending on getting an HS2000, as it was back then)

twice in a bit over 18 months Australia was meant to have its entire national order (of 50 lol) shipped, both times Springfield USA's 50,000 absorbed it, obviously counted for more. You can't really blame them I guess lol

Did mean I ended up getting a S&W instead though :P

CZ75 SP-01 Shadow 2012, come exactly as Randoms Pic's and are production approved for IPSC. Greater attention to detail in the handfitting of barrel, slide, frame at the factory, they also come with comp. hammer, s/s guide rod, springs, shock buffer and sights
                Nice looking piece of gear Random.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bit of a learner post again. Can these be used in other pistol matches other than IPSC ?
              Working...
              X