Beretta 96A1..Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta 96A1..Thoughts?

Thinking of getting a new handgun and looking at the Beretta 96A1 in 9mm. Anyone used one or have experience with one? I would be interested to get your opinions

it's just a 92 with a rail

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Brent65" post=44745
      it's just a 92 with a rail
      Yep, I wouldn't buy one....

Pretty much.

What comp were you planning on shooting with it mogster. Far as I know they're not 'widely used'

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      no particular comp in mind..just had a hankering for one to add to the collection..Think it would look good in the safe next to the FN5.7
      Damm work Xmas bonus lol

(its much easier to sneak one of them into the house and hide it in the safe versus a rifle)

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=44747
      Pretty much.

What comp were you planning on shooting with it mogster. Far as I know they're not 'widely used'
      I have a Beretta 92fs Inox and I use it in production class in IPSC matches, it shoots beautifully. The double action first pull takes a little getting used to, but once you master it you'll be surprised at just how accurate the Beretta can be. They're also a great looking pistol, which can't be said for any of the soulless plastic guns on the market which so many shooters lean towards nowadays. And with and alloy frame on the INOX, it's barely heavier than a G17, and handles a LOT better than the glock if you have large hands like myself.
      Don't get me wrong, Glock make a great gun (if you want a duty pistol) and if we had open carry in Australia that's probably what i'd have inside my waistband all day, but that big bulky beretta made of metal just feels so right in my hand. I find that even with the adjustable backstraps on the Glock, they are still not as comfortable to shoot.

So given that the 92A1, is basically the same as the 92fs (other than a change to the shape of the trigger guard and the addition of an accessory rail) I say go for it, they were brilliant pistols when they first hit the market, and they're still IMHO the best DA/SA around. I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	56359

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	56360

If you like the Beretta go for it. They are not the best target handguns, but they are still good handguns and fun to shoot.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Shame the M9A1 is not so easily available here, I much prefer the trigger guard on the M9A1 over the round 92A1
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Morgo" post=44817
        Shame the M9A1 is not so easily available here, I much prefer the trigger guard on the M9A1 over the round 92A1
        Don't start me down that path again..i was told once could be sourced..but it would be a long wait for it to get here. My impatience figured the 96A1 was the poor and impatient mans replacement It was the M9A1 that originally got me heading down the Beretta path.

• Harry
        Harry commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Morgo" post=44817
        I do believe the Steyr M9A1 is readily available here a shame the L9A1 is not as readily available

Ti be honest if I was going to go down the path of waiting for an M9A1, I would probably opt for the Lionheart Industries LH9 MkII as the wait would probably be just as long..maybe a little longer.

Comment

• Morgo
        Morgo commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by mogster" post=44851
        Ti be honest if I was going to go down the path of waiting for an M9A1, I would probably opt for the Lionheart Industries LH9 MkII as the wait would probably be just as long..maybe a little longer.
        It would need some work to be legal here though and the long barrel out the front really does ruin the look on most.

I think Brent, that when you walk into a shop and buy what is marked and sold as an M4 (specifically the Daniels Defence M4 Carbine) which is the one I own and purchased more on an impulse I will admit, you could forgive them for thinking that they have purchased an M4?

If you disagree, then that's ok, I will just believe that what they have sold is what they market it and label it as and live in my own dream world of owning an M4, regardless of whether is upsets your sensibilities of not being one.

In saying all that, after looking at a couple of the H&K semis that a friend of mine over here has just recently purchased I do wish I had those instead.

Anyway, if you want to continue this discussion, as I said happy to open a topic in the right place or continue it via PM, rather than clog up the handgun section

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Even daniel defense don't call it an M4 they call it a DDM4 of some variation take your pick but i guess we are just getting into the semantics. Fairly good write up on wiki if you care to read it. Anyway to me a M4 is a select fire military weapon and i think most Mil guys would think the same everything else is an AR15 of some config.

Have you considered a cz shadow?

Comment

Working...
      X