357 Magnum 686-3 to Competitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 357 Magnum 686-3 to Competitor

So got my 686-3 last week and had a good day at the range,went into the practice range after a shoot. A buddy of mine had his 686 Competitor and gave me a few rounds, I thought " I got to get me one of these" and today I scored one. On it's way from the good ol' US of A. Those with one pass on any tips regarding reloading. maintenance, springs.. etc. My buddy told me to work it out myself. So after 'pulling' a couple of Winchesters and measuring everything I've arrived at the following;
    2.5 g Trail Boss
    125 g(coated - mine) projectile.
    seating depth 0.260"
    air gap 0.370"
    OAL 1.450"
    In38 special shell

Regards

Regards

Love mine

I only shoot .38 special target loads through it though
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Morgo" post=40611
      Love mine

I only shoot .38 special target loads through it though
      That looks mighty sexy.. adding it to my shopping list..

One day I'll probably change out the cylinder to an unfluted one
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you find unfluted cylinders morgo? Ive googled looking for them in the past when I've had some build ideas in my head

Congrats Raptor BTW

Thanks all 'specially Morgo (lucky bugger). After pulling some Winchesters (which my buddy said would ruin my 686-3 should I keep firing them, they were 3.5 and 3.8g with a 150g projectile. I'm putting her to bed for the time being. Discovered Wolffe springs so have ordered 2 sets ( my wife has a 686-6).
    Also do people know that it costs $50 to trace the history of your S&W? I'm going to do it as it appears mine (the 686-3) is from '97 ish...maybe because (and I hope I'm right , it has original Goncalo Alves hardwood grips. Might do that as a separate post or you guys could help.

Regards

Comment

Working...
    X