2014 is going to be fun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 is going to be fun!!

So guys my NSW PPL is up come January, so i thought id order myself a few "Xmas presents" seeing as im working on call over the holiday period!

First of all i thought id get an STI Trojan in 38 super. Should be a hell of alot of fun if its anything like the Spartan ive had a shot of! All the reading online i have done and next to nothing bad said about them. Plan to use it in centrefire sports pistol, nothing really competitive mainly just for fun.

Now as of today i made the choice to get a revolver to even out the semi auto fun :P

I just couldnt go past the look of the S&W 686-SSR. Just love the little stumpy look and just how the barrel is shaped differently. Will no doubt get some looks on the range! Im going to try getting into service in the coming months so this might be my little go to pistol for said matches

Just cant wait till my license comes in!! Next step is the reloading

abclarke you love the STI Trojan.

Very smooth trigger, you'll love it.

Congrats mate.

Thanks...

Comment

can you not get the revolver in .38 super as well?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Only .357 mag and .38 special.

Not fussed though, some variety in the mix

Ok so for us in the west (WA) what is a PPL and is that a wishlist or have you bought them? For instance I just posted regarding a S & W 686 Competitor I bought today. It's mine ..confirmed. So please explain. The difference in state laws can do a blokes head in.

Regards

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Raptor84" post=40296
        Ok so for us in the west (WA) what is a PPL and is that a wishlist or have you bought them? For instance I just posted regarding a S & W 686 Competitor I bought today. It's mine ..confirmed. So please explain. The difference in state laws can do a blokes head in.

Regards
        The PPL is my probationary pistol license. Means in NSW in the second 6 months of your license you can only own 2 pistols (which i already have). But pretty much i have paid a deposit on these and they are sitting and waiting patiently till i get my license all sorted and i can take them home

A .38 Super Trojan was one of my first few handguns, great pistol.
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Hi my names Aaron, and i have a problem...

So with working 16 hour shifts on call every day from Xmas eve to new years day, i decided to treat myself a little more. Got in touch with Gary from Safari today and put my deposit down on a nice Smith and Wesson M&P9 Pro Series!

Thought id like to have a 9mm in the safe to kinda even things out calibre wise :P

God FAR is going to get a shock as soon as my license is upgraded at the end of the month lol!

Comment

• GD308
          GD308 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice pistols guys, I am getting all of my paperwork organised atm to get my Cat H licence back after a 7 year break from handguns. Best news is because of my previous cat h I don't need to go through the ppl....so my first purchase will probably be an STI Spartan, they seem like great value and well made...

You'll love the Pro M&P aaron

What comps are you planning to shoot with that one?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The Trojan still hasn't arrived yey , so the SSR and M&P will keep me more than busy!

For now all I'm really doing is plinking and the odd ISSF match, but hopefully get into service a bit once the centrefires come home

If you decide to get into IPSC at some future time the Smith would suit you down to the ground. I'm presuming for ISSF you might need a bit more "inherent" accuracy than its likely to provide, but Service should be OK. I've never shot it much at all (hardly in fact) so really can't judge.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The main reason behind these pistols is fun. Not looking at getting many comp grade scores with them.

I'd rather one of these over an ugly target pistol for say 3x the price!

That Trojan is a gorgeous firearm. If only I had the funds for handguns....

Comment

Working...
        X