Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What earmuffs are you wearing?

Hey guys,

Just curious what you Pistol shooters are protecting your ears with?

I'm in the market for some electronic ones.

Thanks.
    Dan

Howard Leight Impact Sport for me.

They do the job nicely and were only about sixty bucks delivered from Amazon.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Notch" post=32398
      Howard Leight Impact Sport for me.

They do the job nicely and were only about sixty bucks delivered from Amazon.
      X2... These are great!

I can't remember the brand of my main pair but I have a set of peltor as backup and they work quite well.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Peltor Tac-Com

Your hearing is valuable so get the best you can find.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 to this.

The Peltor Tac Com are the way to go.

Caldwell E Max. They are cheap and do the job. But i will be up grading to MSA Sordins soon. Because of the comfort factor.

Comment

Comment

No-branded muffs (which co-incidentally SSAA are flogging on their site, with their logo attached)

Have worked great for 4 years. Amplifies speech better than Peltors/Caldwells etc, which is handy as I'm pretty deaf lol

Comment

• Greenwich-biker
            Greenwich-biker commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by zhuk" post=32414
            No-branded muffs (which co-incidentally SSAA are flogging on their site, with their logo attached)

Have worked great for 4 years. Amplifies speech better than Peltors/Caldwells etc, which is handy as I'm pretty deaf lol
            Yeah, I just use the SSAA ones - work fine for me

I had a pricewatch on the Howard Leights on amazon that went off recently, they're now at a bit of a local price minima so it's a good time to buy.

Shame about the AUD price atm though. I bought two pairs for ~$49 each shipped to AU.
          There are none on ebay for less than $75.

Comment

i use Caldwell e-max, they do the job ,are comfortable for me and cheap.

Comment

Peltour, lasted me ages, 2 X Trips o/s and every time i have shot for about 7 years, still going strong

i find a lot of other muff style hearing pro to get in the way of a decent cheek weld etc .

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by S12A" post=32425
                Peltour, lasted me ages, 2 X Trips o/s and every time i have shot for about 7 years, still going strong

i find a lot of other muff style hearing pro to get in the way of a decent cheek weld etc .

Yeah many are too chunky. 'Slim' profile muffs do away with the cheekweld issue

Comment

Peltor 3M Tactical Sport electronic earmuffs

They do the trick nicely

Comment

• moofy07
                  moofy07 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Howard Leight electronic but I use it for comp rifle . Don't shoot hanguns anymore.

• PWD
                  PWD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep - 3M Peltor SportTac are excellent, not cheap, but very effective. Had mine for nearly 9 years, only changed the hygiene kits (soft padding and foam rubber inserts) 3 times.

Regards
                  Paul D

Another one for Howard Leight Impact Sports

Comment

Me too for the Howard Leight Impact Sport

Comment

You blokes are talking about your freaking hearing...like eyesight it is vital...don't stuff around...Peltor SportTac...and they are not cheap.

Spend the money and never have to worry again.
                    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=33202
                      You blokes are talking about your freaking hearing...like eyesight it is vital...don't stuff around...Peltor SportTac...and they are not cheap.

Spend the money and never have to worry again.

I didn't have to spend up big to get adequate hearing protection...and I'd call $85 relatively cheap.

Then again I had lost much of the top end of my hearing by the age of 6 due to an ear infection, so maybe my mileage varies to most lol
                  Working...
                  X