Gun lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun lube

Anyone used CRC Dry Glide on their handguns? I was reading the label the other day and it's PTFE (Teflon) based. Could be good for slide rails on autos. Any thoughts?

Haven't tried it. I like prolix. Provides enough lube without stinking the house out. The wifey prefers the citrus smell of prolix over the usual solvents. Will the crc attract dirt and dust?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      It says not, on the tin. It says it will repell dust and dirt.

Haven't tried that one but have been trying all sorts of products to find the *right* one. As of yesterday I'm a Froglube convert...all the way.

Comment

Been a Froglube user since before it was sold commercially here in Aus. Can't go wrong with it.

It even does everything it claims to, unlike most all other lubricants on the market.
      Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

Which froglube products do you use and recommend?

Comment

All of them.

The paste is better than the runny stuff IMO.
          Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a quick look at this when you get time http://txgunshowreview.com/2013/06/04/product-review-rand-clp-part-i/

you may find this funny, but consider the ex military in me when I say, you can use almost any kind of oil in a pinch. You can use animal fat if you need to. I have never found the need to get that picky with my gun oil so long as it is oil. To choose I would probably go with something thinker than WD40. I do mean that. There is just not a lot to it really. Not to say that you fellas don't expect a lot more out of your gun lube than I do. I am sure some of the long term applications come into play if you don't shoot a gun for a long time (twice a year guns might justify the greater expense). I have never had this problem however.

As I say however, you guys probably expect more out of your lube then I do.
          "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

Roo Lube - recommended by the DSPSA....... you run out Brother Glock40? Santa brought me a smidgen more of the liquid gold. I could spare you a drachm if you want

Comment

Ok, did some tests and didn't like it much. Frog lube and clp sound like the way to go. Years ago a gunsmith friend of mine used to make up a mix of clp and caliper compound. One is Teflon based and the other silicon. Worked a treat. I also see some good reviews on Slide Glide on YouTube . Thanks for the replies

Comment

Froglube all the way.... Degreaser and CLP both in the trigger bottles do all my guns just fine

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Has anyone tried Inox MX5, the specs look good.

i'm a frog lube guy now, I use the paste as it's easy to use and lasts for age's. I only clean my tanfog about once a month and have not had any problems, always runs smoothly. the paste is great, when the gun gets warm it turns into a liquid and when the gun cools down it turns back into a paste.

Comment

Working...
                X