Had a run with the Coonan yesterday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a run with the Coonan yesterday!!

Took the Coonan for a run through the sunday IPSC at GCPC yesterday.
    Wow i find it hard with the mag changes being in awkward spots for the 7+1 capacity.
    Had two FTE jams I havent had before, not sure what they were.
    Light was fairly low from cloud so the guys were all commenting on the flames, but these were just my lightest AP70 load.

All in good fun, not competitive but fun. WOuld have come 2nd out of 5 in standard. granted 3 were fairly newbies :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adp3Gtpy2pw
    "shoot straight shoot quick"
    Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Nice! Is that footage filmed with a GoPro? If so head mount?

Comment

i thought IPSC was only .38 or 9mm?

Comment

• Spurious
        Spurious commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Rat man407" post=31712
        i thought IPSC was only .38 or 9mm?
        What about 357SIG? . . and 38/45 ?
        .357 mag is the same as .38/9mm. . . . . just a far bigger bang behind it.

Hey dudes, ye 'magnum' is not offically an IPSC calibre, but 357 sig is for standard major. technically i cant be scored but its just for fun nothing serious.

running 160 PF it should be major, but have to be scored minor, its bit silly but I dont mind, just wanna use it. These loads are no where near magnum power, these are medium 38 super levels with a 136gr doing 1200 fps. dont now how a full stage running 125gr at 1700 fps would go, would def get the heart racing but not allowed anything hotter than these loads at GCPC.

Kav, no its not a GoPro, its OLD, the orginal Drift XD170 bought in 08 before GoPros and all the other ';action'cams hit the markets. GoPro were $700 then, mine was $350 at the time.
      These days the Drift HD are bloody awesome, mine is a giant of a thing, but still records so I cant justify replacing it. I prefer the Drift HD cams to Go Pros, the footage on brand new cams isnt quite as good as GoPro, but mounting is heaps better, I can wear it on side of my head, not hanging out the front, has rotating lense so easily adjust angle and t has a screen!!
      Il get a new HD maybe next year, we shall see

MM

Comment

Nice one mate
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Fanks Dooode

some stills, i still find it amusing the fire out of this thing even with the lightest loads... i love slow burning powder

Click image for larger version

Name:	Still2.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	44728

Name:	Still1.jpeg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	44729

Name:	Still3.jpeg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	44730

Comment

• Yoshie
            Yoshie commented
            Editing a comment
            Now I need one

Yoshi mate. You know you have always needed one!!! Stop lying to your self

Comment

Here is some footage from behind me

And also this weeks failed attempt with my smith
            Wasn't in the right mental state for it this week

[youtube]http://youtu.be/R4IwweHdzoc[/youtube]

Comment

• Harry
              Harry commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool video Marty thanx for sharing

Cheers
              Harry

Thanks Kev, thought id log in as you mentioned this last night.

I use a leather slide holster I got on eBay. Just a real basic slide, nice gentlemanly holster for a gentlemans gun

I use ghost magnetic mag holders, but even tho the magnet could lift a car, when running the mags were sliding down and would eventually drop off so I made a 3 sided kydex thing for each holder to stop the mags sliding down, forward or back.

So to get them off I just grab the top of the mag and twist it out and it pops straight off the magnet and out from the wings.

Hope that makes sense. il take a pic for ya on the weekend.

I also got into the mag well this eve with a fine file and smoothed off the squared edges to the magwell and gave it a tiny weeny mag well funnel opening. I have found the mag could catch on the edge a touch and hinder the reloads.
            Really want a mag well for it,,but nothing off the shelf or the www will work due to its mag well length and the main spring housing ring so different to a 1911

Over and out for now

Marty

Comment

Working...
            X