A plea for help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plea for help!!!

Soooo I sealed my fait for love of Sigs today.
    I have always had a sig p226 on my wish list, after hours of reading and watching nutnfancy n co shoot sigs, I finally got to handle one today.. Had a navy seal tacops spec, which ever model it is 226 in stock with the special grips, SRT trigger, night sights etc.
    Obv didn't get to shoot it but, wow it feels great in the hand, it just melts into the palm, yes the slide sits high but would get used to that. Trigger, ye was ok, SA was more than pleasurable!!!

So my plea is for everyone reading this to donate $5 so I can go buy it . You know you want to hehe

But of course I'm not serious

But I did get to take a buddy's 92A1 to the range this avo.
    Good timing after playing with the sig. Being similar milspec full size decocker DASA guns.
    The 92 does point perfect, sights hit the target every time no worries, but, that safety sure would take a decent number of rounds in training to get used to!
    We were playing doing some drills and I found it quicker to get the safety of with if off hand. My shooting hand just didn't have the reach, and I have good sized hands.
    Another minor difference is I found the sig had a very easy to reach mag release, where as I had to twist my grip to hit the Release on the 92A1, I found it even harder to reach than the release on the supposedly huge gripped Coonan.
    I also noticed a few times when tap and racking or clearing the chamber that the exposed barrel is freakin hot on the hand, an obvious observation, but one I'm not used to.

I will be doing a boring you tube review for my MonsterArmory channel so feel free to tune in

Ps, feel free to donate anyway . I want the sig BADLY

MM
    "shoot straight shoot quick"
    Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Ahh Sig Disease, I know it well

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Can u name them left to right please

Comment

Lets see :0

L to R
        Sig P49 (P210-2) 9mm, Sig X5 Allround 9mm with Nill grips, Sig P226 SL Sport II 9mm, Sig P229 Sport .357 Sig.

None are made now, I assume the Allround is not made now with the new release. The Two sport models have been discontinued for some time and are hard to come by. The P49 was an original Swiss Military issue which is why its the P49 and not P210-2 (military designation vs civilian, same handgun though)
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Quick question. Why would you use the "safety" or as you correctly called it the decocker on a 92? Load-de cock. That's it. Pull it out and pull the trigger. Nothing more to do???

Because you can't put the safety on with out decocking it.

We were just doing drills, in difference ready scenarios and reloads etc.
        Decocker is obviously formpeoplemcarrying gun loaded, decock it with out touching trigger so can be carried one in chamber hammer down ready for DA pull and safety on. Same as Sig. Can't carry cocked and locked like 1911 etc.

Thanks morgs. I very much recognized the 49 and all round but never paid any attention to the 226 sport with the slide "extension"!!! Looks sexy as &@ck!!! Nicer to me than your HK match!!!!!mmdoes it have trick trigger or a normalish DASA??
        Was it a pricey purchase? Wouldn't image dearer than thenp X5?

Thanks morgs

MM

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Just so you know Marty if you ever shoot your Sig or the Berretta in IPSC Production that's how you have to start, and the only way.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Martymonster" post=26532
          Looks sexy as &@ck!!!
          MM
          Banned for that??? Please someone tell me I'm wrong. No wonder this forum is dead compared to the last one.

Can't mention the bad place apparently...
        Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

• El-Skippo
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Matt" post=26743
          Can't mention the bad place apparently...
          Anyone circumventing the word filter in place will recive a instant ban.

It's there for a reason, the words that are in the filter are not up for discussion.

He was using the shop name that must not be named... Shhh or it will get you too!!

Back onto Sigs;

Awesome guns... I liked them so much I bought two

You're right about the bore-axis; the pistol sits really high in the hand. The resulting muzzle flip can be negated with a nice high, thumbs forward grip.... except you end up holding the slide catch down so your slide doesn't lock back on the last round.

I just got used to hand-over racking the slide for each reload, regardless of if the slide was locked back or not.

My triggers have been improved with Wolf mainsprings. Still 100% reliable, but the trigger pull was dropped a few pounds. Both SA and DA feel much better now (The spring in the Combat could have launched an orbital vehicle!)

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          It wasnt for that , he deliberately circumvented the word filter.

It should have been obvious that if you need to do that then its not wanted here

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Chang739" post=26745
          He was using the shop name that must not be named... Shhh or it will get you too!!

Back onto Sigs;

Awesome guns... I liked them so much I bought two

You're right about the bore-axis; the pistol sits really high in the hand. The resulting muzzle flip can be negated with a nice high, thumbs forward grip.... except you end up holding the slide catch down so your slide doesn't lock back on the last round.

I just got used to hand-over racking the slide for each reload, regardless of if the slide was locked back or not.

My triggers have been improved with Wolf mainsprings. Still 100% reliable, but the trigger pull was dropped a few pounds. Both SA and DA feel much better now (The spring in the Combat could have launched an orbital vehicle!)
          Mate whats the first sig on the left? love the colour scheme.

Post of the good and bad deleted.
        Lets try something crazy and use this place as a shooting forum.

JH

Comment

• Robar
          Robar commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Morgo you got some great gear, seen a bit on the other forum and some here, you seem to have one of just about everything is that close.

IM BACK

Hey Morgs, the 226 SL Sport, is that a normal railed frame under the extension piece with a longer barrel? or is it some thing completely different??
        How long since the Sport SL has been made? or was it the standard gun with extras added as a special model?

Deffinitley going to get the sig next, people always tell me at the range that they are a waste and no good for IPSC, but they all only use comp style guns, stock 2s and shadows etc, I just like other than comp guns regardless of whether they are not ideal for IPSC.

Thanks peeps

MM

Comment

Good to see your back buddy, how was the holiday.

Its been a while since its been pulled down that I don't actually remember, I'll have to check, I don't think it is a standard rail though. Could take some pics too

I don't think they were a standard P226 with extras attached, if you look at the slide there is no front site position even machined on the slide. Of course there's not really going to be a whole lot difference between it and a P226 if someone was to build a copy with a railed P226.

Comment

Ye hols were pretty Rad thanks mate!!

oh of course didnt even think to look for front site. Tried googleoogling it and cant find a thing from Sig about them, just a couple of pics. did find that it doesnt have magazie disconect so the trigger should be soemthing like 8lbs DA and sub 4lb SA, thats quite nice!!

MM

Comment

One day I'll get around to buying a trigger pull gauge, on SA it feels more like 2lb

Comment

oh wow!!!!

gonna have to meet up with you one day!!!
                just to meet some of your 'kids'!!!

Comment

Its a P226 Combat TB (Threaded barrel). The normal P226 barrels are too short for Australia, so you can only get the TB variant. I love it because I'm not afraid to put it through a bit of rough and tumble like I am with the other one. The standard double action on it sucks though! Feels much better with a Wolff mainspring.

Photos don't really show what it looks like in real life; The plastic grips are basically the same brown as the frame, its just the frame is metallic so the camera picks up the sheen.

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
                    Tornado-Technologies commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Chang739" post=29206
                    The standard double action on it sucks though!
                    You can say that again. Sig USA's triggers are getting worse and worse. I swear they must have lawyers designing them.
                    A couple of weekends ago we had 5 Sig 226's from different blokes on the range at the same time. The 3 US made ones all had awful triggers compared to the German guns. With the American made ones, the newer the gun, the worse they were. I used to get this weird rebounding sensation through the trigger on my US made 226 and ended up getting rid of it. Still looking for a nice older German 226 or 228.

oh dammit that sucks, chances of finding a german made with the longer barrel is pretty slim!!

Comment

• Morgo
                    Morgo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Martymonster" post=30137
                    oh dammit that sucks, chances of finding a german made with the longer barrel is pretty slim!!
                    One might pop up, but then you have to be "other" people
                Working...
                X