.38 Super in 9mm 1911 mags ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .38 Super in 9mm 1911 mags ?

I have a 9mm 1911 with 5 mags. I am considering the purchase of a .38 Super 1911, and am wondering if the 9mm mags will work. Also would 9mm work in .38Super mags.
    pete

9mm can sometimes work in 38super mags not the other way, 9mm have a filler in the mag to make up for the shorter oal.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by DBateman" post=25206
      9mm can sometimes work in 38super mags not the other way, 9mm have a filler in the mag to make up for the shorter oal.
      That be the one D .

might be able to just change the followers in the mag from 9mm to 38super or vice versa

Comment

As is .38 super is a no in 9mm mags. You might be able to modify them to work but you could also stuff the mags. Chip McCormick shooting star mags for .38 super are not too pricey. I actually run my 9mm in these .38 mags with no issues.
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Morgo" post=25272
        As is .38 super is a no in 9mm mags. You might be able to modify them to work but you could also stuff the mags. Chip McCormick shooting star mags for .38 super are not too pricey. I actually run my 9mm in these .38 mags with no issues.
        I agree with Morgo.
        9mm will work fine in a 38 Super mag, in fact probably better in some cases. The fact it will be getting forward momentum for longer before it hits the feed ramp is a good thing, and less chance a projectile can interfere with the slide release.

Please note I am comparing the classic 9mm mags with the spacer at the back not the Springfield/ Leatham style mags crimped at the front.

Thanks,

Oddball

• Maverick
        Maverick commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Morgo" post=25272
        ************************************************** ************************************************** **

I run the Chip McCormick 38 super mags in my Norico 1911 9mm and STi Trojan 9mm.

The mags work well in both firearms with no feed issues.

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

I have an STI Rangemaster in 9mm that came with .38 stupid mags. They are not 100% reliable and have cost me in matches. I borrowed some 9mm ones for the Bushranger shoot and didn't have any troubles.

Regards
      jb

Comment

Working...
      X