Well engineered CC pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well engineered CC pistol

Interesting little pistol that wont see the light of day here in Aus on a Cat H. It has a beautiful kind of ugly about it, but its the internals that get me going. Interesting that the pistol will ONLY work with well crimped ammo; the claw jerking the round backwards out of a magazine is probably equivalent to a bullet-puller hammer.

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEdn23C95aQ

Simulation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSva89jbNM

Interesting concept of operation and design to keep the longest barrel in the shortest package.

I still prefer the idea of a hammerless snubnose revolver as a very small CCW.

Comment

That's true; most CC semi pistols are only 5-7 round capacity anyway. Might as well have a revolver in .357.

If I could get access to these firearms, I would buy them purely to admire the inner workings. The fact that the gun could fail (and completely lock up) if the bullet slips out of the case makes it a bit of a dice roll when it comes to self defence.

Comment

You could probably have one as a collectible on collectors licence
        The xr9-l version has 4.2in barrel and should be legal on target Cat "H"
        [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
        [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
        [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
        [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
        [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          so how does 4.2 in make the 120mm required barrel length for Cat H target?

Its a nice looking handgun but as CC choice it would very low on my list.

It really fails the KISS principle.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Has had reliability issues which would be concerning in a CC pistol, particularly mag-related. No idea why they decided to dispense with a follower

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-xr9-s-update/

Comment

Might have been done in an effort to increase the mag capacity...
            “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Unfortunately at the expense of reliability

Comment

• Morgo
                Morgo commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by zhuk" post=23876
                Unfortunately at the expense of reliability
                Still, looks nice.... :lol:

I watched the short 2nd video several times.
              I want one of those mags...
              Every time a shot was fired and it chambered a new round, another round magically appeared at the bottom of the mag.
              I SO WANT one...

just sayin'.

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
                Tornado-Technologies commented
                Editing a comment
                Recoil was better than I thought. Mag is sort of weird to load as the rounds go in backwards. The one I fired had a mag follower, so it appear they have changed that.
                The main problem with it is the cost. For the same price I could get a pair of S&W Shields.
                The other thing that concerned me was the hammer. It's like this giant flap at the back. Having CCW'd a lot, I see pocket and clothing lint and such might be a problem getting under that. Beautifully engineered though.
                for the guys who were bagging the feed mechanism, the claw style feed mechanim where a round is withdrawn backwards out of the feed device is used in the PKM a gun well known for it's reliability. It can be perfectly reliable if designed well.
            Working...
            X