X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something different.

Wouldn't mind adding this to the collection

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=25066
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

I wonder if that would be considered a Cat H?

Comment

• Morgo
      Morgo commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Chang739" post=23389
      I wonder if that would be considered a Cat H?
      Should be, though I imagine some states may not allow it...

************************************************** **************************************

Click image for larger version

Name:	070061-2013-10-31_12-38-36-PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	37773

************************************************** *************************************

Comment

That would be good mate, keen to see those pictures.
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Cat H in Tasmania?

Bastards! lol

Comment

Gold Coast Shooter Supplies had one, I was going to buy it on my collectors but nope its a cat D up here..

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            When the buyback came on in 04 the SAP version in .223 was pistol legal in Vic but if you put the stock on it it was classed as an SAC and therefore cat d. Now the issue would be what competition you could shoot it in to get it registered.
            It's interesting that people talk about it being black and military looking, it's very similar looking to my Ruger charger!!!!!!

It may look like something else but my first thought was the UZI. It looks like an UZI clone of some kind. Not that this fact alone should make it in any way a band or higher category firearm. But we wont get into my personal views about firearm categories and "illegal" firearms.
          "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
            Tornado-Technologies commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Laflamme" post=23640
            It may look like something else but my first thought was the UZI. It looks like an UZI clone of some kind. Not that this fact alone should make it in any way a band or higher category firearm. But we wont get into my personal views about firearm categories and "illegal" firearms.
            Other than using Uzi mags, there's nothing Uzi about it.
            - Completely different operating mechanism. Full auto Uzi's are open bolt, fixed firing pin. The semi uzi's are closed bolt striker fired. The AAA is closed bolt hammer fired.
            - The Uzi used a telescoping, single recoil spring bolt. The AAA uses a twin recoil spring non telescoping bolt. Telescoping means, that some of the mass of the bolt passes forward of the chamber.

The many more difference than I care to list.

Nice pics TT, would be alot of fun to shoot in 9mm I'd imagine.

Comment

• BJ343
            BJ343 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tornado technologies....what an outstanding contribution to this place...well done, and thank you sir/mam

T.T. is correct in all aspects of this firearm, indeed the Leader Company to start, AAA brought all manufacturing rights producing 3 versions all aspects the same except for barrel lenght SAP pistol no stock (267mm), SAC Carbine (267mm), SAR rifle (415mm).. Rifling grooves 6 and standard production 1 turn in 9" optional was 1 turn in 7" .The 9mm was the last to be produced in limited numbers . Leader had quality control issues as well as financial hence the sale. AAA improved the quality of barrels, however had early issue with small holes in gas ports, after enlarging the ports the firearm operated excellently. Early days there where 3 production runs, Israel and European markets, USA, & Australia. The Israeli market were select fire. The carbine in particular was very accurate, all firearms were designed to take both 5.56mm standard magazines and the M16 type magazine. Operating system was gas operated , locked breech, magazine fed, self loader. the firing system is based on a fixed piston short stroke mobile cylinder design, permitting discharge of unburnt powders. Compact simple and reliable and great fun. Basically the Government where non to happy about the fact it was manufatured in Australia and bought them out around the time of the national buy back. Owned several in my time as well as M16 and found them on a par for accuracy out to 200m. They retailed at $250.00 Aus. all versions.

Comment

• Robar
            Robar commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Robar" post=25173
            T.T. is correct in all aspects of this firearm, indeed the Leader Company to start, AAA brought all manufacturing rights producing 3 versions all aspects the same except for barrel lenght SAP pistol no stock (267mm), SAC Carbine (267mm), SAR rifle (415mm).. Rifling grooves 6 and standard production 1 turn in 9" optional was 1 turn in 7" .The 9mm was the last to be produced in limited numbers . Leader had quality control issues as well as financial hence the sale. AAA improved the quality of barrels, however had early issue with small holes in gas ports, after enlarging the ports the firearm operated excellently. Early days there where 3 production runs, Israel and European markets, USA, & Australia. The Israeli market were select fire. The carbine in particular was very accurate, all firearms were designed to take both 5.56mm standard magazines and the M16 type magazine. Operating system was gas operated , locked breech, magazine fed, self loader. the firing system is based on a fixed piston short stroke mobile cylinder design, permitting discharge of unburnt powders. Compact simple and reliable and great fun. Basically the Government where non to happy about the fact it was manufatured in Australia and bought them out around the time of the national buy back. Owned several in my time as well as M16 and found them on a par for accuracy out to 200m. They retailed at $250.00 Aus. all versions.
            Had this article in the handgun section back in Nov 2013 in response to the .9 mm version, just thought it should drop in the semi Auto section for accuracy all models were 5.56 except the 9mm prototype.

I wouldn't mind one in .223.
          Always in need of just one more gun.

Comment

Is it just me or does it look rough as guts? I don't have any type of metal fabrication or machining type background but to me it looks like it was knocked up in someones shed. Is that common from the era in which it was produced?

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
              Tornado-Technologies commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Ratchet" post=30344
              Is it just me or does it look rough as guts? I don't have any type of metal fabrication or machining type background but to me it looks like it was knocked up in someones shed. Is that common from the era in which it was produced?
              Finish is similar to what you'll find on other guns of the same type of construction such as SA80, AR18/180, SAR80.
              The earlier Leader Dynamics made guns were much better made and had things like the trunnion rivets ground flat and more attention to detail.
              The 1997 buy-back price for them was $1500 new or $900 used for the 5.56mm models.

Every time i look at this it has xmas bonus written all over it

Comment

I believe the company intended these to be 'built to a price' if you know what I'm saying...

I really want to see a Cat H in this configuration though, with the mag up front. Have done since I saw Han Solo's C96 lookalike when I was a kid.
              Plays at Ripley. Always vote liberty.

Comment

Working...
              X