STI Spartan or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STI Spartan or other?

Hello all, Wondering what everyone's thoughts would be on an STI Spartan in 9mm.
    Looking at buying a 9mm 1911 to be used in Classic Division IPSC but just haven't decided what exactly I want just yet except to keep the budget at around 1600 or under just for the gun that way I can spend some cash on mags and magwell and other bits and pieces.
    Has to be 9mm though as that's what i'm set up for.
    Thanks in advance for everyones thoughts.

Originally posted by Franky72" post=21047
    Hello all, Wondering what everyone's thoughts would be on an STI Spartan in 9mm.
    Looking at buying a 9mm 1911 to be used in Classic Division IPSC but just haven't decided what exactly I want just yet except to keep the budget at around 1600 or under just for the gun that way I can spend some cash on mags and magwell and other bits and pieces.
    Has to be 9mm though as that's what i'm set up for.
    Thanks in advance for everyones thoughts.
    I would spend a bit more and go the Trojan. The average fit of the Phillipines made barrel, frame and slide, v a well made US made and built ramped barreled 1911. To me, its a no brainer, but extra dollars on your part. The bonus is, you are less likely to want to uptrade etc down the track.

Cheers,

Oddball

Comment

If your budget is for 1600 are you sure your not talking about the Trojan? As the the Trojan is around that compared to the Spartan which is around $1000.

The Trojan is a great 1911.
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Franky72
        Franky72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the quick responses. I have looked at both the Spartan and Trojan, Spartan is around the 900 mark and Trojan is around the 1500 mark. Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on these two 1911's and any other decent ones around that price. I know the Trojan is a great gun but I must admit that i'm curious about the Spartan as it does get some good reviews and the price is quite low. Another question, has anyone had any rust issues with either of these 1911's?
        I'm used to having nickeled guns however I started shooting a long time ago with a parkerised Norinco 45 and never had any problems with that one.

Trojan with the bull barrel. Well worth it, the extra weight helps with follow up shots as it reduces muzzle rise.

Comment

The Colt Government 9mm should be around 1600.
        Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

I reckon you couldn't go too far wrong with either, I've got two Trojans and a Spartan, they're all great guns - accurate & reliable.
          The finish and fit on the Trojan is better but at the end of the day they all shoot better than I can.

Comment

Working...
          X